DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Release Notes v0.70.121
  • Added the ability to opt-in to user private Brave ads for over 20 new regions. (#5655)
  • Added the ability for inline Twitter tip button to be keyboard accessible. (#5791)
  • Added “Save All Files” option to WebTorrent. (#1230)
  • Added widget menu for New Tab Page elements. (#5015)
  • Added dark theme support for New Tab Page settings menu. (#5014)
  • Updated default search engine to DuckDuckGo for Germany, Australia, New Zealand, and Ireland. (#6187)
  • Updated auto-contribute to use “up to” budgeting and to only contribute to verified content creators. (#6228)
  • Updated monthly contributions to process recurring tips individually before attempting auto-contribution. (#6288)
  • Updated alert icon in rewards panel. (#5501)
  • Updated Brave profile icons. (#6443)
  • Updated profile manager menu. (#5213)
  • Updated profile naming to use “Profile” instead of “Person” for both new and upgraded profiles. (#5814)
  • Updated New Tab Page to respect 24 hour clock for locales which use this clock by default. (#1308)
  • Fixed incorrect message display on tip banner in certain cases. (#6182)
  • Fixed global shields setting for “Block all cookies” not working. (#6389)
  • Fixed brave://welcome page being too tall for small screens. (#5950)
  • Fixed resizing issues on brave://welcome page. (#6183)
  • Fixed “Dashboard Settings” tooltip not showing on New Tab Page. (#5797)
  • Fixed leaving sync chain not propagating to other devices. (#6131)
  • Fixed sync records not updating in certain cases. (#6310)
  • Upgraded Chromium to 78.0.3904.70. (#6508)
Release Notes: Brave Release Notes | Brave Browser
Download: Download Browser with Adblocker for Mobile & Desktop | Brave Browser

Lord Ami

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
Oh Brave... SO MUCH faster than Chrome.

Simply night and day on Macbook Air (2015 or 2017 models). Use it on work every day - simply the best Google Chrome alternative :emoji_clap:!

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
I can relate to that.
However still love Brave :)

For me, entire browser usability stands on syncing. If I can sync my stuff between all devices, it's usable for me. If it doesn't, it's worthless to me. Edge never had any so I never even bothered to use it. Opera worked great until Opera just decided to silently kill Opera Mini for iOS in favor of garbage Opera Touch which is clumsy and has no syncing at all. Chrome is a privacy nightmare so I'm avoiding that as well, Vivaldi has crappy community and has no iOS browser, only thing left is Firefox.

I'd use Brave (despite the fact it feeds into Chrome's dominance by using its engine) if at least Syncing was reliable, but unfortunately isn't. It constantly stops syncing bookmarks, thrashes them around, deletes them or duplicates them for no logical reason, for some silly reason they don't sync Other Bookmarks as separate folder but stick them all together on mobile device and to make things worse, synced bookmarks are visible to the network you're doing syncing in. I had my phone filter littered with bookmark URL's, I don't know what Brave is doing, but it seems to be accessing all the synced bookmarks one by one after sync, meaning it exposes bookmarks to 3rd party unnecessarily.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Where did you found info about 0.71.107?
Official release page says that the latest version is 0.70.121?

1572627274813.png

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
This article is from early 2019 but it gives a clear explanation of Brave's upsides and its one main downside - syncing. I'm not into syncing so not an issue for me. What I can say from my experience with Edge Chromium and Brave is that the latter's built-in privacy features are a hands-down winner against Edge. One can easily use it out-of-the-box with confidence for a smooth, annoyance free browsing experience. For you "sync-ers" Edge Chromium is probably the way to go.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
To be honest I haven't encountered any sync issues since previous release.

Yes. It's getting better. I would prefer if they made the icons and address bar bigger, and added a favorites button like Edge. These are fairly small "wants" but they would seal the deal for me to make it my default browser.

Edit to my above post - I probably should have written "sync users may wish to use Edge Chromium".

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
^ i tried now to see but for me big problem it is kaspersky,not suport this browser :(
i set new tab to google.com but open brave default image and how i remove search in url for default brave page (with image) i not found search bar in page

Last edited:
Reactions: Cortex

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
^ok and for search bar ?
i whant default page but not search in url
brave pay users for advertisement only for see... :) ?how work this ?
hide brave rewards not work
google search not wide and not dark (dark theme only for settings and browser i need in browser )
new tab redirect not work
search for default (with image like bing or new browsers ) bar miss in page and it is in url (no !!!)
Scroll smoothly disaster
for me pass i whait another version

Last edited:
Reactions: Cortex

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Hiding rewards works fine here, as does wide search, not any issues as I've found. IMHO it as good as & in many ways better for me than Google Chrome - I don't use syc so that's not an issue & similar to New Edge with no discernible disadvantages & uses standard install & uninstall.

I think Brave is now my browser. A disadvantage some may have it isn't supported by CCcleaner & Wise. CCleaner even though it's for me a paid program (for now) it supports just a few browsers & it seems to me they like to sit on their arses & inform people they can always set it up themselves. Clean Space though supports many browsers & also don't try to harvest data such as my photographs in Scarborough & my BBQ's.

Reactions: oldschool

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
^ i tried but NOT work...for me now ... i whait another updates,if edge chromium would be supported by kaspersky will be my default browser,now stay with latest stable firefox 70.0.1 x64 but with extension (i dont need but firefox neither is it perfect and it lacks what I listed above )

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.