Brave Nightly releases and discussion

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I thought this might be a good thread to have for Brave adventurers, discussion, etc.
You can find the list of Verified Brave Publishers. Try typing "malw" (without quotes).

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
You can find the list of Verified Brave Publishers. Try typing "malw" (without quotes).
:unsure:
1.PNG

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Does it mean what I can install uBlock Origin and Privacy Badger as well? Btw, does Brave block trackers/ads better then uBlock Origin? I guess there is no reason to install it, but maybe Privacy Badger?
It doesn't block more than uBlock Origin but it blocks enough and I think it's slightly faster too since it's built into the browser. oldschool should be able to explain it better because he's using it as his main browser now.
Privacy Badger might be a good edition and catch trackers now and then that get past Brave and also it does some other things which are useful when not using uBlock Origin.

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
does Brave block trackers/ads better then uBlock Origin?

Technically, µBO can block more ads and trackers than most other adblockers, especially in advanced user/medium mode, and users can add various custom lists, e.g. to block 1st party CNAME trackers. I use Brave's built-in Shields and I never see ads, though there are reports in the Brave Community of them sneaking through. These reports usually come from countries/regions where Brave adblocking is not as comprehensive, i.e. adblocking is stronger in U.S. & EU, but Brave quickly fixes these missed ads/sites. BTW, the famous @fanboynz (fanboy's list) is a list maintainer for Brave!

The Brave Shields UI (in the address/toolbar) has a really good interface. If a user lowers Shields for a site that appears broken, you may report that site to Brave directly from the UI - if the broken site cannot be fixed with a custom rule. --> Users may create custom rules to block cosmetic elements, e.g. ad placeholders. And users can also make site-specific exceptions directly from the Shields UI . My view: Brave's Shields is the best and most user-friendly of all built-in adblockers. (y) (y)

For additional tracking protection I advise either Privacy Possum or ClearURLs, or Privacy Badger (my least favorite choice). Try it, you might like it! :D

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I didn't see Tor/Private window settings. I set color to light, but brave force dark on tor/private window.

Click "hamburger" (3 lines) > Settings > Brave colors > Light/Dark. Settings for Brave controls both regular and Tor windows. If it's not working, I suggest signing up on Brave Community to report it. Their support is good and usually pretty quick, but of course has been impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic so patience is required.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.