Advice Request BREAKING: Julian Assange Was Just Granted Citizenship

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
BREAKING: Julian Assange Was Just Granted Citizenship
By Amy Moreno January 11, 2018

Free speech and truth activist, Julian Assange who is the co-founder and editor in chief of Wikileaks was just granted citizenship by the country of Ecuador.

Assange has lived inside the Ecuador Embassy in London for many years.

The Ecuadorian Foreign Ministry says it has granted citizenship to Julian Assange. The reaction of the ministry comes one day after Quito reportedly issued an ID card to the WikiLeaks editor.
The passport could provide Assange’s first step to obtaining diplomatic immunity, as Ecuador wants to resolve his indefinite embassy stay. The WikiLeaks founder has been holed up in the Ecuadorian embassy in London for five years.
The UK Foreign Office reportedly rejected a request from Quito to grant the whistleblower diplomatic status after the passport was issued to him on December 12.
Ecuador’s foreign minister, Guillaume Long, says the country is seeking a “dignified and just” solution with the UK government over Assange’s case. He added that Assange will not leave Ecuador’s embassy while there are no security guarantees.
A UK Foreign Office spokesman said, according to the Express: “The government of Ecuador recently requested diplomatic status for Mr Assange here in the UK. The UK did not grant that request, nor are we in talks with Ecuador on this matter.

“Ecuador knows that the way to resolve this issue is for Julian Assange to leave the embassy to face justice.”

It comes after Assange posted a picture of himself in an Ecuadorian football shirt amid unconfirmed reports he had been issued an Ecuadorian passport.

pic.twitter.com/LB5jzQmJLb

— Julian Assange

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Sure AtlBo, I'm delighted too!
The poor Assange, after 5 years at the embassy, will surely have a diplomatic passport!

I'm on the side of the Ecuadorian government. Que viva Ecuador!

Quito, Ecuador is Officially South America’s Leading Travel Destination for 2016: on remezcla.com: Quito, Ecuador is Officially South America's Leading Travel Destination for 2016

South America's Leading Green Destination: Ecuador

ecuador-1024x640.jpg

lets-travel-to-ecuador-with-dario-endara-5-1150x647.jpg

lets-travel-to-ecuador-with-dario-endara-5-1150x647.jpg

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I know a guy that built a great house in Ecuador, he seems to really enjoy it there.

Julian can go free now. Vienna 1961 Convention Agreement means full immunity, at the most persona non grata and I am sure he is ready to leave and doesn't care about that. Sweden has already dropped their charges.

Ecuador isn't entirely safe from the USA. When Greg Canton invented a skin cancer cure he fled from the FDA to Ecuador. The CIA kidnapped him on the road between his home and work. Ecuadorian military intercepted the US Jet before it took off, but was informed a US Jet is US Soil and they couldn't risk an escalation so they let them take him. The reach of the US deep state is far and wide. Julian has to be very careful.

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Typical of Ecquador as it is not the first South American country to harbour european criminals.

Not out of the woods yet as he still has to leave the embassy to get to the airport.

Regards Eck:)

Reactions: Brie and vtqhtr413

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
By Amy Moreno January 11, 2018

Free speech and truth activist, Julian Assange who is the co-founder and editor in chief of Wikileaks was just granted citizenship by the country of Ecuador.

Assange has lived inside the Ecuador Embassy in London for many years.

The Ecuadorian Foreign Ministry says it has granted citizenship to Julian Assange. The reaction of the ministry comes one day after Quito reportedly issued an ID card to the WikiLeaks editor.
The passport could provide Assange’s first step to obtaining diplomatic immunity, as Ecuador wants to resolve his indefinite embassy stay. The WikiLeaks founder has been holed up in the Ecuadorian embassy in London for five years.
The UK Foreign Office reportedly rejected a request from Quito to grant the whistleblower diplomatic status after the passport was issued to him on December 12.
Ecuador’s foreign minister, Guillaume Long, says the country is seeking a “dignified and just” solution with the UK government over Assange’s case. He added that Assange will not leave Ecuador’s embassy while there are no security guarantees.
A UK Foreign Office spokesman said, according to the Express: “The government of Ecuador recently requested diplomatic status for Mr Assange here in the UK. The UK did not grant that request, nor are we in talks with Ecuador on this matter.

“Ecuador knows that the way to resolve this issue is for Julian Assange to leave the embassy to face justice.”

It comes after Assange posted a picture of himself in an Ecuadorian football shirt amid unconfirmed reports he had been issued an Ecuadorian passport.

pic.twitter.com/LB5jzQmJLb

— Julian Assange

Even Wikileaks has to filter, yes, sensor the information they release to the world, in this case, it was shot from the hip, they put a lot of lives at serious risk not to mention the diplomatic damage and in the end we are all worse off for it. I agree with this type of exposure in theory but Wikileaks took the easy path, makes it much more difficult for rational people to raise the alarm from now on.

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
I'm on the side of the Ecuadorian government. Que viva Ecuador!
Equador has a pretty poor human rights record which has got a lot worse in recent years under the current government - much tighter state control of the media, treatment, sometimes brutal, of those who dare to criticise the government, and women in particular get a very raw deal, so I don't think we should be singing its praises. And ironic to say the least that the government should be so welcoming to the high priest of free speech when they do not tolerate it in their own country.

As for Assange, I tend to agree with @BryanB. I agree in principle with what he did, but the manner in which he did it could have been much better.

Reactions: Brie and vtqhtr413

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
I don't think this gives him full immunity, there are some countries which ready do anything for their own purpose. The whole Iraq war was staged on false claims regarding weapons of mass destruction. Its very difficult to get out of the clutches of the US.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Considering, that rape charges, that were the reason, he sought refuge, were dropped, I wonder, what is holding him there?
There is a warrant for his arrest in UK for no reason, they could hold him for questioning for 48 hours and that is it.
Then again, I am sure, that they would miraculously found other charges and he would be extradited to US.

Arrest warrant for Julian Assange still valid, court rules, in blow to freedom bid

Reactions: vtqhtr413

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.