British Government Is Recording All Internet Traffic, New Edward Snowden Files Reveal

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Phone calls, browsing history, online radio, forum posts, adult websites, IM chats, and everything else

A recent batch of NSA documents offered by Edward Snowden to The Intercept online newspaper reveal a super-secret British spying project that's been logging online traffic for all Internet users around the globe.
The project, called Karma Police, has the GCHQ (Government Communications Headquarters), a British security and surveillance agency, in charge of creating and managing a database of online activities for Internet users around the globe, with the purpose of detecting criminal and terrorist behavior from online habits.

Full article. British Government Is Recording All Internet Traffic, New Edward Snowden Files Reveal

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
Wow!

Anything like this for Canada? I think we have our own version of the NSA that spies on us.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Wow!

Anything like this for Canada? I think we have our own version of the NSA that spies on us.
I know my Australian government is about to start collecting all of our mete data. :(:mad:

Have to up the VPN a bit more often. :cool:

Reactions: OokamiCreed

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
@frogboy Not good at all. Seems like the governments around the world wants to be in everyone's business.

They can spy away. I don't do anything dodgy. I'm working now so I got even less time.

I'm just reading tech news, YouTube, Netflix, and on here. That's pretty much it. Nothing interesting they will find out of me.

Reactions: frogboy

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
This has been common knowledge for a long time.
Remember the GCHQ scandal in the 80s.?

george orwells vision is becoming a reality and its way beyond 1984 now.o_O

Reactions: LabZero

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Only fools believes in Privacy. Privacy died during the Cold War and will never be revived unless you launch EMPs in a Worlwide scale...

Want privacy?

Abandon technology !
So very true. o_O

Reactions: LabZero

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Yes exactly, so basically unless you are a terrorist extremist, pedophile, spy, activist, hacker and other criminals, you can sleep without worrying too much about privacy...
I am sure i am not any of the above. :p

Reactions: XhenEd and LabZero
I

illumination

I still can not believe people get surprised by articles like this.. All countries have been doing this for a very long time.. It is nothing new, not something just discovered, it is something finally perceived. I laugh at those in other countries that are putting down the NSA and making fun of Americans, knowing that the person doing so, is being spied on by their own government, and others..

It is simple, the internet is the last of the wild frontiers on this planet, a place for criminals to hide and communicate, and in order for government's and criminal investigation organizations to track and catch these criminals, they have to use every means necessary.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
super-secret British spying project
Not any more. :p

Spying? Everyone does it. I wonder how many parents track their child's activity online, or employers monitoring their employees.

As long as the government's focus is on preventing acts of terrorism, using technology to capture the people responsible, and not being intrusive to peoples lives, then it's reasonably understandable. Reasonable, but not 100% agreeable.

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
in the past they spying u with humans like the stasi in germany and other organisations where i life. Now with technologie. Nothing has changed-worldwide.

Reactions: frogboy

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
Privacy has been down the drain for a long time. Well thanks to Snowden its been really nice knowing how "they" do it, improve on it and "expand".

James bond 007 has a lot to answer for.!
Time for a vodka martini shaken but not stirred lol.:p
-- Aside from 007, this guy is at fault also. Toshiba British Intelligence : Spying for You :)

eX4ucTK.png

D

Deleted member 178

Time to call Solid Snake, he destroyed the Patriot System , i think he can do it again with Prism :D

Reactions: Raul90
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.