brod's free security setup (July 2017 Update)

Status
Not open for further replies.

brod56

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
If Bitdefender Free were still the old version, your setup could be nearly like me. But when they released the new version for windows 10 compatibility, I was a bit upset.
Althought it's still a light-weight product but not as light as the old version. Beside that it makes my windows boot time and some app a bit slower expecially web browser.
Do you have any problem like me?

Not at all. The new free edition is obviously a bit more heavy, since it has better protection. However it is still running smoothly and much lighter than the other antivirus for me.

Reactions: Nheo_Linkin

brod56

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
For some reason this forum doesnt allow updated new config threads. Updating this thread then.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
For some reason this forum doesnt allow updated new config threads. Updating this thread then.
Yes, correct. This forum has never allowed members to spam new and updated threads every moment they decide to change their Security. Ask anyone.

You can update this thread until 31st December (unless otherwise) and is written in the sub-forum Guidelines thread. This is something new, but it takes less than a minute to read, MT Rules - Posting under the Security Configuration Wizard (2017)

brod56

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Yes, correct. This forum has never allowed members to spam new and updated threads every moment they decide to change their Security. Ask anyone.

You can update this thread until 31st December (unless otherwise) and is written in the sub-forum Guidelines thread. This is something new, but it takes less than a minute to read, MT Rules - Posting under the Security Configuration Wizard (2017)

This was the first and only time I was going to create an updated thread, but you are right.
I did not read the rules, my fault.

Reactions: Ink

brod56

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
EDIT 14/04/2017:
- Added Voodoshield Pro, disabled UAC (less conflits).
- Removed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, added Hitman Pro.
- Removed Bitdefender Free, using Windows Defender.
- Removed Unchecky (VS alerts me about PUP).

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Bitdefender was not heavy for me, but it's no doubt that Windows Defender is much lighter.
I feel like its a no brainer option to couple with a powerful anti-exe like Voodooshield.
I'm thinking of dumping Comodo firewall for Voodooshield as my zero day protection. I'm already running WD and I really like it. I think WD and VS is a fantastic light combo.

brod56

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I'm thinking of dumping Comodo firewall for Voodooshield as my zero day protection. I'm already running WD and I really like it. I think WD and VS is a fantastic light combo.

The combo is amazing in my machine. I can confirm it is light and reliable.
Comodo Firewall is a fantastic product, but Voodoshield gives me peace of mind being connected to VirusTotal and monitoring all commands operated in the background. The only con is the false positives.

inuyasha

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Apr 9, 2017
The combo is amazing in my machine. I can confirm it is light and reliable.
Comodo Firewall is a fantastic product, but Voodoshield gives me peace of mind being connected to VirusTotal and monitoring all commands operated in the background. The only con is the false positives.

i rather have false positive than true positives :). are u using voodoshield free or pro?

brod56

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
i rather have false positive than true positives :). are u using voodoshield free or pro?

Im using Voodoshield Pro, but the difference from the free version is minimal.
The only difference is you can tweak some interface elements and behaviours, heuristic sensibility, but the rest is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.