Browser extensions hijacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Browser extensions hijacked? - are they secure against hackers, malware?

On the articles on Forbes.com website, at the top right you see the link highlighted in red for the next article. This feature (of putting this link on the article) - disable ContentBlockHelper extension. As ContentBlockHelper is mistaken in thinking, as it is on the page similar to the New Tab page, or Chrome Web Store page - pages to not take into account! And then instantly stops working.

I think it's serious, let's imagine hackers with malware doing the same trick to disconnect extensions at will!

So I'm starting to worry tonight about the security level of all the extensions in the browser...
- The extensions in browser - are they secure against hackers, malware?
- Are the hackers able to stop or purge browser extensions?:eek: ...o_O

And ContentBlockHelper it has UI Protection: Forbid control of Context menu, and Forbid control of text selecting. And all my filters are in max.
This is very rare, extensions with UI protection.

Security of extensions in the browser's nest ... What do you think about this problem, please?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.