Troubleshoot Browser Hijack

Mike Dry

Thread author
May 18, 2020
Hi
I am having issues with my new android phone.
I keep getting the YX - Fantasy game hijacking my browser.
This occurs on different browsers and with no apps installed.
I have tried removing and it keeps coming back within a day, even after a factory reset.
Any ideas?

Reactions: [correlate]

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Does this happen on a specific site or on all sites? It looks like advertisements on a site you visit is redirecting you to YX - Fantasy.

Let's install a browser that has a built-in ad blocker and see if you'll still see these pop-ups. Please install Brave Browser and then use it and let me know if you still see these unwanted ads.

Mike Dry

Thread author
May 18, 2020
Does this happen on a specific site or on all sites? It looks like advertisements on a site you visit is redirecting you to YX - Fantasy.

Let's install a browser that has a built-in ad blocker and see if you'll still see these pop-ups. Please install Brave Browser and then use it and let me know if you still see these unwanted ads.
Seems to be all sites but not sure which ones. I will install Brave Browser and see what happens

Many Thanks
Mike

Mike Dry

Thread author
May 18, 2020
Ads are back even after installing Brave Browser.
They seem to come back about 12hrs after factory reset. This is a replacement phone as the original did the same
No other phones have the same problem in the household.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.