Status
Not open for further replies.

YashSingh

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 7, 2018
Hey guys, i need your help once more.

I bought new hard disk Seagate Barracuda 1TB 6Gb/s and installed Windows 10 on it. After successfully installing, BSOD came of CRITICAL ERROR and then the system stops.

I tried reinstalling Windows 10 but the same thing occurs everytime.
I ran chkdsk and sfc scannow but nothing could help. I made successfully 4 partitions. This BSOD happens very frequently.
I think this shouldn't happen to a new hard disk. I even ran CrystalDiskInfo but the hard disk's condition was good.
Kindly help.
Thanks in advance

Dhruv2193

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 7, 2016
I don't know if it helps but i have a hd around 8-10 months old and i used to get blue screen almost everyday multiple times. Then once going into BIOS, i saw hdd was not getting detected so i re-inserted the hdd and tightened all the screws very well then no problem has occured till now. But I don't know if your case is same. You should wait for more input from MT members. But in case of hardware solutions like these, please take help of an expert to avoid any last minute shocks if you are not experienced in such things.

YashSingh

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 7, 2018
Well if you installed Windows 10 did you install all drivers? or installed something after installing Win 10?

Which drivers are you talking about??
I have installed various softwares on it like vlc , winrar, Nero, dev c++, etc and have transferred a lot of data and movies from old hard disk through pendrive.
By the way, I have again reinstalled Win 10 but now it is super slow means after to open any file or folder kr any applications even file explorer, it takes a lot of time.
Please tell which drivers are you talking about.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Which drivers are you talking about??
I have installed various softwares on it like vlc , winrar, Nero, dev c++, etc and have transferred a lot of data and movies from old hard disk through pendrive.
By the way, I have again reinstalled Win 10 but now it is super slow means after to open any file or folder kr any applications even file explorer, it takes a lot of time.
Please tell which drivers are you talking about.

Well first of all, thats a reason i dont know i'm telling you what to do, you have to install Windows 10 again and again dont install anything like programs & drivers and use browser Edge to surf the internet for like 20-30 mins make sure if there is BSOD or not,

i think @Vasudev is right, where did you get Windows 10 from?

YashSingh

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 7, 2018
Hey guys, I have found ou the problem. The Windows 10 was a bit corrupted. Because when I installed Windows 7 it worked nicely.

But know after a week I am facing problem of severe pc slowing down. My Windows 7 has become extremeely slow which has not happened to my previous hard disk for a span of time.

I have installed Microsoft Security Essentials. The Windows 7 logo doesn't come either. Instead of it The Microsoft Corporation comes. Then a black screeen comes and it takes 2 minutes to take me to Welcome Screen.

The problem doesn't end here as well. After the Welcome Screen, the screen agaim goes black for 5-10 minutes and then only taskbar comes. Then it takes 10 minuetes to completely starts. Then whenever i click upon any icon or any tool or even right-click, the screen freezes and it takes 2 minutes to open even My Computer.
Please help me guys as it is a new hard disk and what should i do.

Also I am not able to get warranty for my Seagate Hard disk.

Please help. You are my last hope.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Maybe your RAM stick went bad, or another hardware component. First thing to check is the RAM. If only part of your RAM is working, that can cause extreme slowness.

YashSingh

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 7, 2018
Maybe your RAM stick went bad, or another hardware component. First thing to check is the RAM. If only part of your RAM is working, that can cause extreme slowness.

I just started my pc today morning. I found that the pc started smoothly and ran smoothly dor 2 minutes and suddenly stampered and became slow.

Please help.

By the way, so i do not think of bad ram. But please tell me how to check ram status.

Reactions: Vasudev

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I just started my pc today morning. I found that the pc started smoothly and ran smoothly dor 2 minutes and suddenly stampered and became slow.
So it sounds like a simple problem of overheating. When your computer warms up, it starts to behave poorly.
The first thing to do is make sure the air vents are unobstructed. For example, if a laptop computer is sitting on a pillow, then the air vents can't get air.
The next thing to do is open the case and carefully clean out the dust and gunk. The best way to do this is with an aerosol can of compressed air.
The next step, which you hopefully don't need, is to remove the old, cracked heat sink around the CPU, and put new sealant. That's a bit of a job. But you probably don't need to do that.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014

Please help.

By the way, so i do not think of bad ram. But please tell me how to check ram status.
Easy way to use a RAM heavy browser and load up tons of tabs and if you see constant disk usage even if RAM is under-utilized it might be an issue with bad RAM stick. Optionally, you can take out both sticks and use an eraser to rub the gold contacts and see if it works.
Mind you, a Bad SATA cable and bad CPU thermals can also have the same slowdown. But most likely HDD is the culprit.

YashSingh

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 7, 2018

My RAM stick is okay because wheni inserted ny old hard disk, is worked properly ad that too for hours.

Reactions: shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
My RAM stick is okay because wheni inserted ny old hard disk, is worked properly ad that too for hours.
So it sounds like you found the answer. It's something with your hard disk.
The only thing I can think of is to reformat it, and try again. If it still malfunctions, then return it.

YashSingh

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 7, 2018
So it sounds like you found the answer. It's something with your hard disk.
The only thing I can think of is to reformat it, and try again. If it still malfunctions, then return it.

I today started my computer then I turned off BITS and Windows Update and I turned off updates, then my pc was running smoothly. And then I started running Opera and there was no problem.

Reactions: shmu26 and Vasudev
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.