Status
Not open for further replies.

BugCode

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Thanks for give your absolutely positive thoughts my current security setup. But I have been thinking maybe little change or add 1 more "thing" in real time protection...just because im curious testing different kind of configuration.

Maybe VS? or something... But what I have been watching around the internet talking about VS current version, there are many , of course opinion for that. But maybe I give it a shot or any suggest is absolutely warm welcome! :d

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Thanks for give your absolutely positive thoughts my current security setup. But I have been thinking maybe little change or add 1 more "thing" in real time protection...just because im curious testing different kind of configuration.

Maybe VS? or something... But what I have been watching around the internet talking about VS current version, there are many , of course opinion for that. But maybe I give it a shot or any suggest is absolutely warm welcome! :d
VS is really good, and simple to use. I recommend it.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
KIS is better in all categories, except as a second opinion scanner, than Zemana at least for now. They need some time to fix the problem I demonstrated

voodooshield is great for your setup but if KIS is properly tweaked, you don't need VS or anything else

BugCode

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Hi!

Like i has say i like change my configuraion for now and then, but now i had an accident and i have to made clean/fresh install and so i decide to make a bit much changes.

I have many paid products (many hundreds day left/ Lifetime) but also prefer free ones of course. So here we go :d

modification = =>

Operating System:

Windows 10

OS Edition:
Home => pro

OS Architecture:
64-bit

User Access Control:

Firewall:
3rd Party Firewall => Windows Firewall + GlassWire Pro

OS Security Updates:
Automatic

OS File Reputation:

Smartscreen for Windows 10

Type of User Account:
Local Account

Recent Malware Attacks:
No

Testing AV's with Malware Samples:
No => Yes (Back to business...(with "baby steps"). Last time has about 5 yrs ago! Things have changed, a lot of interesting "crap" out there ;9 (i have o longtime friend who give me different kind of modifications of malware & ransomware. I install in my VM Windows 10 pro & ubuntu. Will see what happened :lol:

Real-time Malware Protection:
KIS 2017 + ZAL (Licensed) + Shadow Defender => WRSA + VS + SBIE + SD

On-demand Scanners:
HitmanPro , ZAL, EEK, AdwCleaner, JRT, rkill, VTuploader + VT Hash Check

Security Product Settings:
Custom

Browsers and Extensions:
uBlock Origin , HTTPS Everywhere , BetterPrivacy, SDC , Decentraleyes , RequestPolicy continued , Calomel SSL , Bluhell Firewall , Realtime IPcheck . => Brave ("build in extension") <= Great human being make this open-source product,new but very good for "newbie" browser already :thumbs up:

Preferred Search Engine:
Ixquick, Duckduckgo => DDG

Password Manager:
Never has a given my password 3party manager's. So, my mind and notepad in "vaulted" flashdrive.

Content Blocker (Ads, Scripts, Trackers):
Ublock origin => Brave "build in" + Host tweaks.

Frequently used System Utilities:
CCleaner, Revo uninstaller pro, Process Explorer, autoruns, VPN, X-NetStat Pro

Frequency of Data Backups:
Custom Backups

Data Backup Software:
AOMEI Backupper Pro

Frequency of System Image Backups:
Manual / On-demand Backups

System Image Backup Software:
AOMEI Backupper Pro

BugCode

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Howdy masters!

Well, change after change about security conficurations day after day, testing,testing, :lol:

Now i was looking some 3party firewall and i was goto "oldschool-back to the roots" site zonealarm!!! Like kerio,jetico etc... well, i was thinkig about download free version but, wow!!! when i was press the download buttos site says you got a was it 75% discount!

So i decided bought zonealarm pro firewall 1 year, it was a 8,95 EUR! Not much. Well i give you guys & girl link the site if someone is interesting testing oldschool firewall with cheap price, there it was/is => ZoneAlarm Free Firewall - Personal Computer Firewall Software and when press the download button popup window says HEY DUDE! Look at that price, hope it work with you also, no that i expecting much but that is so back to the root firewall :d .

So my question is, what and i mean nothing but antivirus not included firewall, because they say in support chat that there is lot of problems those., so ive been thinkin 3 antivirus top notch, well just thinkin and i want your suggestion also.

My choise is:
1: Avira
2: Avast
3: Bitdefender
4: <= There you could say ur suggestion your opinion what it could be. (i hope lot of suggestions.)

So pls give me your thoughts and i will pick that what get most vote :) with the zonealarm.

Thank you!

- "Semi-paranoid" BugCode

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.