Not open for further replies.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Today is the second Tuesday of the month, making it Patch Tuesday. This means that almost all versions of Windows 10 are receiving cumulative updates, including the Anniversary Update for PC and Mobile, as well as 1511 and 1507 for PCs.

The new build number for those on the Anniversary Update is 14393.693. It seems to be available to all phones that are already on build 14393, rather than just unlocked ones, which is sometimes the case.

The new build follows 14393.594, which was offered to the Release Preview ring a week ago, but the last one to show up for all users was 14393.576.

As usual, the changelog combines the updates for both PC and Mobile, and the changes noted apply almost exclusively to PCs. Here's what's new:

As usual, the changelog combines the updates for both PC and Mobile, and the changes noted apply almost exclusively to PCs. Here's what's new:

• Improved the reliability of Groove Music playback in the background, App-V, video playback and Remote Desktop.
  • Addressed issue where after successful fingerprint authentication on a device with the screen off, the screen does not turn back on.
  • Addressed issue where only one input device works when you connect two similar input devices to the same machine.
  • Addressed issue in the App-V Connection Group that allows users to have access to pieces of functionality that they were not designated to for access.
  • Addressed issue that prevents users from selecting multiple certificates simultaneously through the UI.
  • Addressed issue where the Request Control function does not work with Remote Assistance if the user being assisted is on Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012.
  • Addressed issue that prevents a smart card module from pairing with a contactless smart card reader.
  • Addressed issue with license conversion of Server Core from evaluation version to a retail version.
  • Addressed issue that prevents users from opening Internet shortcut (.URL) files with Internet Explorer when Enhanced Protected Mode is enabled.
  • Addressed issue that prevents users from logging on if a device has been away from the corporate network over a period of time.
  • Addressed additional issues with Microsoft Edge, clustering, Internet Explorer, Windows Update, input devices, facial recognition, Logon, Hyper-V, PCI bus drivers and Windows Kernel.
Version 1511 (build 10586) also received an update to 10586.753. Some businesses still use the November Update, and believe it or not, some PCs haven't even received the Anniversary Update yet, such as HP's 2016 model of the Spectre x360. Here's what's new:

• Addressed security issues related to Microsoft Edge.
Finally, there's an update for the original version of Windows 10, which is now called version 1507. The changelog in build 10240.17236 is the same as its 1511 counterpart:

• Addressed security issues related to Microsoft Edge

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Install takes a long time; seems like it is hanging and won't install, but eventually it does.

If it takes long on my SSDs, then it will be excruciatingly slow on HDDs.
Their update mechanism is flawed. The progress it shows is always wrong and when installing having an ssd is irrelevant because it doesn't even use 1/10 of the drive speed. Then it decides to stop for a while and then randomly starts again.
Also i should be able to not run the malicious software removal tool that takes ages and never will do anything for me.

Bet when i restart it will be stuck on preparing updates again for ages.

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014

Their update mechanism is flawed. The progress it shows is always wrong and when installing having an ssd is irrelevant because it doesn't even use 1/10 of the drive speed. Then it decides to stop for a while and then randomly starts again.
Also i should be able to not run the malicious software removal tool that takes ages and never will do anything for me.

Bet when i restart it will be stuck on preparing updates again for ages.

There is a way to uninstall MRT and I think prevent it from installing again.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Now it's finished. This update took a long time to install. Talking 20 minutes here.
Mine took way longer tbh. It was probably 20 min after the restart and who knows how more installing while in windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.