Not open for further replies.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Patch Tuesday was earlier this month, but that hasn't stopped Microsoft from releasing cumulative updates this week. On Monday, the company released build 14393.1914 for those on Windows 10 version 1607 (the Anniversary Update), and at the time, build 16299.96 showed up on the Windows 10 Update History page, although there was no update and clicking on the link showed nothing.

That link has since been removed, but today, Microsoft released KB4051963, or build 16299.98, for those on Windows 10 version 1709 (the Fall Creators Update). Of course, the cumulative update is PC-only, as build 16299 was never made available for phones.

Here's what got fixed:
  • Addressed a script-related issue that caused Internet Explorer to stop working in some cases.
  • Addressed issue with the Input Method Editor’s (IME) text input window for Internet Explorer.
  • Addressed issue with rendering a graphics element in Internet Explorer.
  • Addressed issue with form submissions in Internet Explorer.
  • Addressed issue where the Location-hash is lost when navigating back if you previously navigated to an invalid URL.
  • Addressed issue where applications may stop responding for customers who have internet or web proxies enabled using PAC script configurations. This is a result of a reentrancy deadlock in WinHTTP.dll. This can result in the following:
    • Microsoft Outlook cannot connect to Microsoft Office365.
    • Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge cannot successfully render any content (including local computer content, local network content, or web content).
    • Cisco Jabber stops responding, which blocks messaging and telephony features.
    • Any application or service that relies on WinHTTP is impacted.
  • Addressed a performance regression when users run full-screen Microsoft DirectX 9 games and applications.
  • Addressed issue that prevents Forza Motorsport 7 and Forza Horizon 3 from running on some high-end gaming laptop configurations.
  • Addressed issue where user selections for Feedback Frequency in Settings > Privacy > Feedback & diagnostics aren't saved.
  • Addressed issue where RNDIS5 networking devices don't get a valid IP address or don't show network connectivity. If the issue continues after installing the update, you may need to uninstall and reinstall your Remote NDIS network adapter using Device Manager.
  • Addressed issue where if a user manually changes the system's time zone and doesn't log off or restart, the new time doesn't display on the Lockscreen clock.
  • Addressed issue that impacted some Epson SIDM (Dot Matrix) and TM (POS) printers, which were failing to print on x86 and x64-based systems. This issue affects KB4048955.
There's also a known issue to be aware of:

Symptom Workaround
After installing this KB, Internet Explorer 11 users who use SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) may not be able to scroll through a drop-down menu using the scroll bar.
Using the scroll wheel on a mouse works as expected. This issue only applies to document mode 11, so attempting to load the page with document mode 10 may work around the issue.

To change the document mode in Internet Explorer 11:
  1. Select F12.
  2. Select the Emulation tab.
  3. In the Document mode drop-down menu, select 10. The page will reload in the new document mode.
Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.

You can manually install the update by downloading it here. Of course, you can also head over to Settings -> Update & security -> Windows Update -> Check for updates on your PC.

GonzitoVir

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2017
I'm getting BSOD (3 so far) and overall my laptop is slower after this update (Edge takes a lot more to display my Home page, switching between Task Manager's tabs is slow, etc.) . Anyone else having this (or other) issues?

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

GonzitoVir

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2017
Qj2iGEc.jpg

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Interestingly enough Check for Updates doesn't show anything
Same here, I was not offered .64 either, I had to download and install this one manually, but I had to remove certificates beforehand, otherwise it would fail to install.

Attachments

• capture_12012017_213555.jpg
    capture_12012017_213555.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 523

dJim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
its there a way to wait till Red Stone 4 from creators update? skipping fall V ? for what i see this Fall version donmt give any importantn function i dont use always the litle things they add.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
its there a way to wait till Red Stone 4 from creators update? skipping fall V ? for what i see this Fall version donmt give any importantn function i dont use always the litle things they add.
You can skip one-two upgrades entirely. There are always 3 versions supported. Currently 1607 till March 2018.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet

download.jpg Windows-10-servicing-options-cycle2.png

What are these ponies :p
I have just got bored, so I have replaced all taskbar icons with ponies. I have got 333 of them. Well, at least I have learnt, how to backup taskbar.

capture_12012017_222557.jpg

GonzitoVir

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2017
OK. Finally I uninstalled the update and everything is smooth as before.
Other thing that this update did was that after putting the laptop to sleep, it never woke up. Instead the laptop restarted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.