On Sale! Bullet VPN on stack social $39 lifetime for 5 devices

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

alv222

Level 2
Oct 11, 2019
i wouldn't trust stacksocial, they have bad reviews in trustpilot. Some antivirus offer also a vpn like norton 360 or avira prime. If you can go below 50 euro then you can try norton 360 deluxe, theres an offer rn (it's only 1 year)

Reactions: Cortex and upnorth

computer man

Level 2
Sep 26, 2019
I wouldn't trust anybody offering lifetime for 39 bucks. That's just too cheap to be any good. Most providers won't even give you a year for forty bucks, much less lifetime.

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
Last year, I bought an IT-training on Stack Social for less than 10% of the list price and they delivered the license for e-Learning through the official portal, so it looks to good to be true (and when it looks to good to be true, it probably is not), but I am inclined to use stacksocial again.

The inconsistency of the websites reviewing VPN's is horrible: half of them claim BulletVPN is fast, other half not, half of them claim it has not a kill switch other half says it has (with reviews less than two months away from each other).

Thanks all for posting, I will have a look at all suggestions. (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dinosaur07

alinux

Dec 14, 2019
Last year, I bought an IT-training on Stack Social for less than 10% of the list price and they delivered the license for e-Learning through the official portal, so it looks to good to be true (and when it looks to good to be true, it probably is not), but I am inclined to use stacksocial again.

In many tests BulletVPN got good reviews (good speeds but a bit expensive, easy setup with little options), but then I came across this remark
"The thing I disliked about this VPN service is only because I found an adware in its client. This adware would download advertising material on your app so you can watch targeted ads." which is quite worrying.

The inconsistency of the websites reviewing VPN's is horrible: half of them claim BulletVPN is fast, other half not, half of them claim it has not a kill switch other half says it has (with reviews less than two months away from each other).

I am using BulletVPN, and I can confirm that

1- They do have a kill switch, is is under the settings options. I like that the app is simplistic without too many options, I mean what I am really looking for is choose a server / connect / disconnect. There is a bunch of options in the settings panel "protocols, Smart DNS, kill switch etc"
2- I did read the malware comment on the vpn ranks website, and I tested the app using the same antivirus software they claim did mark the app as adware and it came out negative, there is no adware or otherwise. I did contact BulletVPN on the matter and the answer was that the application is still using the same code and it was not updated since that comment went online, and that the antivirus provider had a false positive and has since removed the alert about BulletVPN.

Update :
This can be verified here :

3- Speed really depends on the server the reviewers are using for tests, like most VPN providers a server in a smaller country such as Egypt wont give you the same speeds in tests as a server in the USA.

Last edited:

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019

In many tests BulletVPN got good reviews (good speeds but a bit expensive, easy setup with little options), but then I came across this remark
"The thing I disliked about this VPN service is only because I found an adware in its client. This adware would download advertising material on your app so you can watch targeted ads." which is quite worrying.

EDIT: also requested the mods/admins to remove the above stripped text in my original post (I can't edit the post myself anymore). Installer is clean on Virus-Total so the adware claim is probably a "broodje aap" (fake news). Also Bullet-VPN has a kill switch. Works fine and fast from the Netherlands.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.