catjc

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 23, 2014
Sieppaa.PNG

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

I didn't see any improvements made in malware detection capabilities and Behaviour Blocker while I was testing new 2018 beta in VMware from 2017 version. Maybe there are noticable changes now in final version. Personally, I don't like Bullguard's UI, I can't find anything there. :rolleyes:

chabbo

Level 2
Verified
Jan 30, 2013
Release Notes
Build 18.0.340
Updated September 27, 2017

NEW FEATURES
* Home Network Scanner: New module that allows users to stay in control of their networks by identifying new connections and providing an overview of all the smart devices connected to them, while pointing out those that might expose the network to external threats.
* Antivirus: Implemented a next-generation behavioural engine that analyses all the actions performed by programs and detects suspicious activity.
* Game Booster: Enhances the gaming experience by protecting systems against frame drops caused by initialized programs that are not core to the system.

IMPROVEMENTS
* General: Desktop application tiles have been reordered to accommodate new features.
* Firewall: Enhanced the Firewall module by releasing an intrusion detection system that monitors networks for malicious activity or policy violations.

BUG FIXES
* General:
- Fixed cases of displaying an inaccurate number of Messaging Centre entries
- Fixed instances of Skype not going into full screen video while BullGuard was open in the system tray
- Solved instances of displaying the Firewall settings page instead of the main application screen when starting BullGuard from the system tray
* Antivirus:
- Fixed cases of missing text from "More details" dialogs opened from Antivirus on-access pop-ups
- Solved cases of not deleting quarantined files
- Fixed instances of missing on-access pop-ups for infected mails on Thunderbird 45.1.0
- Solved cases of displaying the Antivirus tile as greyed-out on Windows Vista
* Firewall: Solved occasional cases of Firewall crashes when uploading files to BullGuard cloud

REMOVED FEATURES
* Spamfilter: Since filtering junk emails has become a central feature of most email services, BullGuard's Spamfilter has been discontinued, but we will continue to scan your emails for threats and malware.
* Social Media Protection: Following Facebook's API policy changes, Social Media Protection functionalities have been greatly reduced, which led us to removing this feature.

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
I tried Bullguard(never used it before) on an old juggernaut using Vista for about 3 weeks, and seriously guys, it was a pleasant surprise.Product is very light and responsive.Updated to the 2018 version and it's even smoother to use.

They seem to invest a lot in their behavioral engine.It's very reactive, more than products like Eset or Avast for example.People who enjoy using Emsisoft,i guess will like Bullguard.

If you like your security with some Adguard or ZAM flavors, they work flawlessly with Bullguard.:)(y)

i don't like when the security companies include bloatware like gamebooster.
they should have their focus on security and not for other placebo tools :mad:
Game booster is not bloatware, it's just a game mode like many other security product. Name is different:)

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

People who enjoy using Emsisoft,i guess will like Bullguard.
Agreed, Bullguard is overally, very good alternative to Emsisoft. Bullguard's BB is just slightly weaker than Emsisofts and G Data's. Can't go wrong with anyone of these 3 brothers. (regular users shouldn't see much difference in malware protection capabilities, I would say it's just a users preference which product they like better/additional features/configurable settings). :)

Last edited by a moderator:

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
Agreed, Bullguard is overally, very good alternative to Emsisoft. Bullguard's BB is just slightly weaker than Emsisofts and G Data's. Can't go wrong with anyone of these 3 brothers. (regular users shouldn't see much difference in malware protection capabilities, I would say it's just a users preference which product they like better/additional features/configurable settings). :)

Don't forget about Vipre. They are the 4th brother.

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
Game booster is not bloatware, it's just a game mode like many other security product. Name is different:)

There are various tests with game booster and other crap tools...the result is a performance boost from 1-2 % :ROFLMAO:

Software tuning doesn't work....just with better hardware

Yeah i think too they have improved their bb..hope to see bullguard at malwarehub

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Don't forget about Vipre. They are the 4th brother.
I am not familiar with Vipre, or any company who are using them in Baltic States. But I think they and McAfee are somewhat involved in banning Kaspersky from U.S. agencies and they are also offering a 25% discount (McAfee also offers discount) for users switching from Kaspersky to Vipre. Really ugly move, if you ask me. U.S. Government Bans Use of Kaspersky Security Software in Federal Agencies - VIPRE
Switch from Kaspersky
Now that Kaspersky software is no longer being sold by Best Buy and is likely to be banned by the Federal Government, this is the perfect time to stop using your Kaspersky product – and switch to VIPRE Business Advanced Security and save 25%.
They are not in my favourite AV list, but I do know they spam my mailbox very hard. :ROFLMAO: I will let others users to judge Vipre. I know that @ForgottenSeer 58943 has a lot to say about Vipre, but this might not be the right thread to talk about it. :sneaky:

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
I am not familiar with Vipre, or any company who are using them in Baltic States. But I think they and McAfee are somewhat involved in banning Kaspersky from U.S. agencies and they are also offering a 25% discount (McAfee also offers discount) for users switching from Kaspersky to Vipre. Really ugly move, if you ask me. U.S. Government Bans Use of Kaspersky Security Software in Federal Agencies - VIPRE

They are not in my favourite AV list, but I do know they spam my mailbox very hard. :ROFLMAO: I will let others users to judge Vipre. I know that @ForgottenSeer 58943 has a lot to say about Vipre, but this might not be the right thread to talk about it. :sneaky:

Yeah i do not want to get into the talk of the whole Kaspersky, US Goverment ordeal. I myself do not follow Vipre all that much so i did not know they had a blog as the one you attached. Thanks for sharing. :) I would love to hear what @ForgottenSeer 58943 has to say about Vipre and his experiences if he would like to PM me. I enjoy his posts.

Lets get back to Bullguard before we both get in trouble for being off topic.

Bullguard to me looks to be a solid comeback this year then in the past. Would love to see results in the hub. Personally though i have 7 PC's i need protection for so i would have to go with their 10 PC option but $140 seems a little high.

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Yeah i do not want to get into the talk of the whole Kaspersky, US Goverment ordeal. I myself do not follow Vipre all that much so i did not know they had a blog as the one you attached. Thanks for sharing. :) I would love to hear what @ForgottenSeer 58943 has to say about Vipre and his experiences if he would like to PM me. I enjoy his posts.

Lets get back to Bullguard before we both get in trouble for being off topic.

Bullguard to me looks to be a solid comeback this year then in the past. Would love to see results in the hub. Personally though i have 7 PC's i need protection for so i would have to go with their 10 PC option but $140 seems a little high.

@In2an3_PpG, just a note .... i was looking at US Ebay last night and they has Bullguard IS for as little as $5 / $6 for 1 pc, so for 7 pc's if you bought separate licenses it wouldn't be too much, these were all downloadable versions i believe :)

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
@In2an3_PpG, just a note .... i was looking at US Ebay last night and they has Bullguard IS for as little as $5 / $6 for 1 pc, so for 7 pc's if you bought separate licenses it wouldn't be too much, these were all downloadable versions i believe :)

Thank you, i will keep an eye out just in case i might want to switch over. :)

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I didn't see any improvements made in malware detection capabilities and Behaviour Blocker while I was testing new 2018 beta in VMware from 2017 version. Maybe there are noticable changes now in final version. Personally, I don't like Bullguard's UI, I can't find anything there. :rolleyes:

Does the 2018 version use the same child-drawn garbage interface as the previous ones?

I bought a 10 PC 3 year license three years ago and regretted it and never used it after the first couple months. I won't make that mistake again unless they essentially re-write it.

Are they still using the abandoned HIPS from those guys at MIT?

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
Does the 2018 version use the same child-drawn garbage interface as the previous ones?

I bought a 10 PC 3 year license three years ago and regretted it and never used it after the first couple months. I won't make that mistake again unless they essentially re-write it.

Are they still using the abandoned HIPS from those guys at MIT?

Here is the interface.

upload_2017-9-29_10-20-29.png

As far as the HIPS go. I am not too sure.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.