Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
Build 18.1.355

Updated August 27, 2018
IMPROVEMENTS

* General: Improve the Service Performance telemetry
* Antivirus: Improve BullGuard Antivirus by itegrating Antimalware Scan Interface
BUG FIXES

* General:
-
Changed the BullGuard application add-on for Thunderbird to correction version 18.0, for both Backup and Antivirus
- Corrected the message of the BullGuard application protection status displayed in Windows Defender security center
* Antivirus:
- Fixed the "unknown update" error and allow application to sucessfully update
- Fixed multiple crashes caused by behavioral service when stopping
* Firewall: Fixed various crashes

this chancelog looks good (y) now pls fix the sleeping behavior blocker and all will be fine

from another forum, i have read this about this update:
BullGuard now uses BitDefender cloud scan (Nimbus) in addition to engine and signatures. This change has occurred via a recent program update.
ELAM (Early Launch Anti-Malware) and AMSI (Anti-Malware Software Interface) support added in new BullGuard release.

Source :BullGuard internet security

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
1.jpg

Source -> BullGuard Proven to be the Fastest Antivirus Solution for PC Gamers

take it with a grain of salt

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
Interesting thread! I have a couple of questions!
First, does Bullguard any sort of cloud protection. I mean if the Behaviour Blocker blocked a suspicious activity on X PC will others using Bullguard be protected form that suspicious file by signatures?

Second, what do they mean by this?
sentry.PNG

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Interesting thread! I have a couple of questions!
First, does Bullguard any sort of cloud protection. I mean if the Behaviour Blocker blocked a suspicious activity on X PC will others using Bullguard be protected form that suspicious file by signatures?

Second, what do they mean by this?
View attachment 197809
Just fooling statements..nothing else
BB is totally flop in my tests..Sage (Boot time ransom), Petya (Disk encryp ransom) took over the system

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
Just fooling statements..nothing else
BB is totally flop in my tests..Sage (Boot time ransom), Petya (Disk encryp ransom) took over the system
Not good news at all! There is no detailed explanation on how their BB work on their website and I don’t believe the support would be helpful regarding this matter.

Reactions: oldschool

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
thx for your tests (y) i think that bullguard has a lot of work to improve their bb. and somewhere i have read
that they just have 200 employees...so no big player in the it-security

But can we say that bullguard is better than panda?
And is it sufficient to compensate the sleeping bb with OSArmor?

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

thx for your tests (y) i think that bullguard has a lot of work to improve their bb. and somewhere i have read

200 employees isn't bad for a firm that licenses all of their technology. I'm surprised, I thought they had less than 200. You can do a lot with 200 employees and proper management/tasking. Emsisoft has what, 30 people? Cylance has around 800 employees, way up from their low of 200-250. Sonicwall has about 800-900 employees.

There are a LOT of non-big players in IT Security to be honest, the reason they license technology is largely because they don't have the resources to build their own and then keep up with the threats and changing landscape.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017

But can we say that bullguard is better than panda?
And is it sufficient to compensate the sleeping bb with OSArmor?
First mistake is to acquire a Flop company like NOVA SHIELD.
Secondly ceasing its development..using the same old Giga source code year by year
Thirdly Bullguard= Bd Free(W/O ATC)
They will do better if they start working on their own..than acquiring other companies..
If its so easy then Kaspersky, Bit defender, G data..and more why do they work on their ass off every day..they know this fact very well
AVIRA know this very well..

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

First mistake is to acquire a Flop company like NOVA SHIELD.
Secondly ceasing its development..using the same old Giga source code year by year
Thirdly Bullguard= Bd Free(W/O ATC)
They will do better if they start working on their own..than acquiring other companies..
If its so easy then Kaspersky, Bit defender, G data..and more why do they work on their ass off every day..they know this fact very well
AVIRA know this very well..

In all fairness, Bullguard did recently add the Bit Defender Cloud stuff to improve detection.

GData I wouldn't be blowing their horn too much as they also license Bit Defender, and almost all of the GData components are poor quality, underdeveloped trash tacked onto it. I like GData, don't get me wrong, but it's nowhere near perfect and their firewall is really starting to show it's lack of development as is their other modules.

IMO BG needs to reinvest back into their product and modernize it significantly.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
In all fairness, Bullguard did recently add the Bit Defender Cloud stuff to improve detection.

GData I wouldn't be blowing their horn too much as they also license Bit Defender, and almost all of the GData components are poor quality, underdeveloped trash tacked onto it. I like GData, don't get me wrong, but it's nowhere near perfect and their firewall is really starting to show it's lack of development as is their other modules.

IMO BG needs to reinvest back into their product and modernize it significantly.
That's a lie.Bullguard is using BD cloud since many many years..
Their Anti phishing is a exact clone of Bit defender..test for yourself and know truth
Don't believe any av vendors information on websites..its totally rubbish
If listener(user) is a fooler then opp side is Foolest..
I don't want to comment on any other AV since its BG thread.
I don't use any Av including WD...to my knowledge Mcafee, Bullguard, VIPRE, Avira are in the paid black list

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

That's a lie.Bullguard is using BD cloud since many many years..
Their Anti phishing is a exact clone of Bit defender..test for yourself and know truth
Don't believe any av vendors information on websites..its totally rubbish
If listener(user) is a fooler then opp side is Foolest..
I don't want to comment on any other AV since its BG thread.
I don't use any Av including WD...to my knowledge Mcafee, Bullguard, VIPRE, Avira are in the paid black list

Nimbus is a recent addition to Bullguard, as discussed here;
BullGuard internet security

FYI - you might want to say 'that's not correct' rather than 'that's a lie' if you suspect something is wrong or misstated. It's considered bad form in English to randomly call people liars.

PS: If I wanted to use a BD signature AV I would use BG before anything else, even over BD (Bug Defender) and costs 98% less than Emsisoft.

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
Build 19.0.356

Updated September 19, 2018
IMPROVEMENTS

* General:
- Improve the Service Performance telemetry
- Upgrade the OpenSSL tool-kit to a newer version
- Upgrade the nervsion of the multiprotocol file transfer library
* Home Network Scanner: Added a waiting widget to notify whenever the Home Nework Scanner is waiting for an active internet connection
BUG FIXES

* General:
- Solved various crashes
- Fixed vulnerability of unsafe ".dll" file loading
* Backup: Fixed the Backup services crashes when trying to log the local cache data.
* PC Tune UP: Fixed memory leakage encountered after a quick scan
* Firewall: Solved various crashes
* Safe Browsing: Fixed Safe Browsing to show green ticks as intented immediately after installation

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
Build 19.0.359
Updated November 6, 2018
IMPROVEMENTS

* Antivirus: Released behavioral engine version 1.32
* Vulnerability scanner: Removed unnecessary brackets from the module status

BUG FIXES
* General:
- Added missing label and notification translations
- Fixed multiple low impact crashes

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.