Status
Not open for further replies.

catjc

Level 1
1 Whitch one you think is better Bullguard or Avira? I would be glad if you can justify your answer :)
2 I prefer Bullguard . Sometimes i think that why Bullguard is not popular here. Can you tell me why?

I would be grateful for answers :)

Reactions: Spawn

kmr1684

Level 3
my answer is simple bullguard if it comes to internet security because it uses best proven and famous third party firewall technology, :cool:
but if it is antivirus only avira best i think because sometime bullguard will be very slow in removing detected threat on that time you may experience little bit unresponsiveness from your system,:mad: its happen to me, thats why i expressing it here, nothing personal against bullguard. ultimately your's choice, sorry i think you already said in the above message. :oops:

Kate_L

Former Member
Avira, cloud protection, good detection and you can use the free version and it is ok :)

Bullguard = old BitDefender engine, and BitDefender has some FP and you will see a delay between BitDefender and Bullguard detection so in a real infection that in not good.

I use Avira Free + WinPatrol, I feel happy with this setup.

Paul.R

Level 12
Verified
Bullguard use:
-HTTP/HTTPS scanner-Commtouch Enterprise;
-SpamFilter-Commtouch Enterprise;
-Firewall-Agnitum (Outpost);
-Engine 1 Signatures-BitDefender;
-Vulnerability-Scanner-Secunia;
-Behavioral engine-Novashield.

Avira:
- good detection
- cloud protection
- small vdf updates(sorry if i wrong)

Reactions: MrExplorer

Striker

Avira, cloud protection, good detection and you can use the free version and it is ok :)

Bullguard = old BitDefender engine, and BitDefender has some FP and you will see a delay between BitDefender and Bullguard detection so in a real infection that in not good.

I use Avira Free + WinPatrol, I feel happy with this setup.
Nobody from Bitdefender partners use a older engine. They can all use the exact same engine as bd. just some delay on the sync servers. thats why bd often have better detections/signatures than the other ones who use bd engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.