Battle Bullguard vs Emsisoft vs Vipre vs Gdata

I

illumination

Which is better
Could you please elaborate in a little more detail as to what it is you seek to have fulfilled from one of these products.

For best match of product, i recommend you try each one on your system "one at a time please", utilizing their trials from the Vendor, and see how each fit your system, your personal needs and uses and last but not least your knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

What are you looking for and how much do you have to spend? I have a link for 80% off Bullguard, so that's like almost free. G Data and Emsisoft are boutique suites, expensive, almost never any deals.

My 3 minute summary of each;

G Data - good firewall, good BB, nice dual engines, fairly lightweight, low false positives. Good privacy.
Bullguard - good firewall, poor BB, single engine, lightweight, low false positives. Excellent privacy.
Emsisoft - no firewall, great BB, nice dual engine, not-so-lightweight, high false positives. Good privacy.
Vipre - junk

As a network security guy, I ALWAYS tend to favor products with stronger lateral movement protection and firewalls which immediately removes any suite without a firewall. So I would lean toward G Data and Bullguard for that reason alone. So for me that narrows your choice down to two.. Of those two, G Data is the best, but roughly three times more money than Bullguard. If you can afford it, get G Data - since you get the good privacy, double engines, good firewall and good BB.. What more do you need?

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
Between the 4 I would stand between G Data and Emsisoft, but as the Emsisoft has no Firewall and I value a robust configuration, I get the G Data, is a complete security set, Super solid and lightweight, in the March report tested on MH it was unbeatable, BB and Firewall do a great job.

BigWrench

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
What are you looking for and how much do you have to spend? I have a link for 80% off Bullguard, so that's like almost free. G Data and Emsisoft are boutique suites, expensive, almost never any deals.

My 3 minute summary of each;

G Data - good firewall, good BB, nice dual engines, fairly lightweight, low false positives. Good privacy.
Bullguard - good firewall, poor BB, single engine, lightweight, low false positives. Excellent privacy.
Emsisoft - useless firewall, great BB, nice dual engine, not-so-lightweight, high false positives. Good privacy.
Vipre - junk

Agreed...Vipre junk :ROFLMAO:
My vote, G Data. (y)

Reactions: ForgottenSeer 58943
I

illumination

The reason i always recommend trying products for themselves, is because no 2 systems are the same. Software that plays well on your system may not on another's, we see it in posted in experiences here constantly. Then you take into account, you are not this user, you do not know his/her knowledge of these listed products, nor their surfing/back up habits what other software they run, and what they use the system for ect.

As for which is best, asked by the OP...
None of these products will protect against those type users that deem they know better then the product and allow certain things, or simply just do not understand the safe surfing concept.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Update your infos please, Emsisoft doesn't have a Firewall... :sneaky:
High False positive, debatable; sometimes yes, sometimes no...Personally i don't remember i had many...maybe because i don't use low rep apps.

It still has so-called Windows Firewall Fortification options. Which is what I was referring to but didn't properly state.

Reactions: Barakah
D

Deleted member 178

It still has so-called Windows Firewall Fortification options. Which is what I was referring to but didn't properly state.
Windows Firewall Protection is the Behavior Blocker function to prevent malicious changes in the Windows Firewall rules, which has nothing to do with any firewall purpose; there is no traffic monitoring at all, so comparing it with a firewall even the most basic one is pointless and inaccurate.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Windows Firewall Protection is the Behavior Blocker function to prevent malicious changes in the Windows Firewall rules, which has nothing to do with any firewall purpose; so comparing it with a firewall even the most basic one is pointless.

I heard it was 'fortifying' WF and assumed it was some kind of cheesy booster. thanks for clarifying it has no firewall functionality.

jerzy601

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
I do not know about Bullguard or Vipre because I never used these programs, whereas Emsisoft is a well-known soft and almost everyone knows it so there is nothing to portray it as a very good security program.
I've been writing a lot of good things lately about Gdata, I used it myself once and was happy with it, but I ended up with a license.
the program is worth recommending and using it.:)

Reactions: Brie and amico81

MASOUD

Level 1
Verified
Jan 9, 2015
Hi
I used Emsisoft - G Data - BullGuard - Vipre
I recommended Emsisoft for light and awesome behavior blocker and best web surface
G Data have firewall but update download is very high
Vipre very very best behavior blocker but interface is not beautiful

if you need firewall = G Data
if you need protection, web guard, light, behavior blocker, light update = Emsisoft & Vipre

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.