Advice Request Buy ESET NOD32 Antivirus OR ESET Multi-Device Security Pack ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpdx

Thread author
Jan 2, 2016
Hi,

I am interested to purchase one of these:

ESET NOD32 Antivirus
or
ESET® Multi-Device Security Pack

Please answer to the next 5 questions:

1. Tell me please, after receiving the CD-KEY from ESET can I activate and start the 365 days license after 3 weeks or 1 month of receiving?

2. For the ESET® Multi-Device Security Pack, after activating for example one of the 3 license, which is the maximum time to activate the other 2, for their 365 days availability please?

3. Is it possible to start the license after 3 weeks or 1 month after receiving it for ESET NOD32 Antivirus or ESET® Multi-Device Security Pack if I but them from any official ESET shop from ESET :: Select your country please?

4. Tell me please, if I will decide to buy ESET® Multi-Device Security Pack after installing one of the licenses on a Windows device, can I cancel it and install it on a Linux or Android device, or vice versa?

5. Are there any official ESET phone numbers/live chat/e-mail support(answer within a few hours) anywhere in the world speaking English, which are open on Saturday and Sunday too, or 24/7 and can answer to the above 4 questions, or any other technical queries please?

Thank you very much.
Warm regards and a happy new year !

Last edited by a moderator:

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
1) Not sure on this, but I believe you can activate it few mths later. Best is refer to their terms and conditions before making purchase. Sometimes they mention when is the due date for activation.

2) Upon purchase, you only have a single key that activate 3 device. There is no separate license key for each device. Activation would mean the same start date applied to all 3 devices.

3) Same as Q1.

4) As long as you do not exceed more than 3 devices using the same license key (in this case is ESET pack 3 User), there is no need to uninstall.

5) ESET Customer Care

Hope that helps.
Cheers! :)

xpdx

Thread author
Jan 2, 2016
Many appreciations for your replay and time CMLew,

1. My apologies, I've done my best(in my available time for it) to find it in here: Software End User License Agreement | ESET but I couldn't resolve it.

4. Tell me please is it possible to already use the ESET pack 3 User license for three different devices from and after that to uninstall one from one of the devices and use to another new one, which could has the same OS or not(Android, Linux, Windows)

5. In the last few hours I've tried for a few times to chat with them from the link you provided, but:

"No support representative is available to handle your session at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

offline-status.png

Monday-Friday, 5 a.m. – 7 p.m. PDT"

I've tried to call a few centers from ESET :: Select your country different countries but no answer anywhere.

Thank you.

xpdx

Thread author
Jan 2, 2016
10 Hours ago, I created for the first time an account on https://forum.eset.com

After waiting more that 30 minutes to receive the validation email, I used

"
Resend validation email

Please enter your sign in name below to search for any pending validation requests. If any are found, the email will be resent to the email address you registered with.

"
I entered it:

"
Resend validation email

Revalidation Process
Your revalidation request was successful
A revalidation email has been sent to the registered address for that member. Please check your email within the next few minutes - including any 'junk mail' or 'spam' folders you may have.
"

That first account which I created was on my Gmail.

After waiting one more hour and try for the second time "Resend validation email" I created a new account on my Yahoo! Mail, thinking that Gmail is the reason.

I've been waiting for one more hour the validation e-mail for this second account too, and use again "Resend validation email" and still no e-mail from ESET neither in Spam on Yahoo! or Gmail either.

And now, after 11 hours I tried again "Resend validation email" and still nothing. I can't post anything in ESET forums.

When I try https://forum.eset.com/members/
"
Contact the community administrator
"

The message:
"
Sorry, you don't have permission for that!
"

Regards.

Last edited:
N

NOLF92

Anyone else read the thread title as "BUY ESET NOD32 Antivirus or ELSE"? Anyways, I'll let you all have at it. :D

Khairul

Level 2
Verified
Feb 3, 2015
Hi,

I am interested to purchase one of these:

ESET NOD32 Antivirus
or
ESET® Multi-Device Security Pack

Please answer to the next 5 questions:

1. Tell me please, after receiving the CD-KEY from ESET can I activate and start the 365 days license after 3 weeks or 1 month of receiving?

2. For the ESET® Multi-Device Security Pack, after activating for example one of the 3 license, which is the maximum time to activate the other 2, for their 365 days availability please?

3. Is it possible to start the license after 3 weeks or 1 month after receiving it for ESET NOD32 Antivirus or ESET® Multi-Device Security Pack if I but them from any official ESET shop from ESET :: Select your country please?

4. Tell me please, if I will decide to buy ESET® Multi-Device Security Pack after installing one of the licenses on a Windows device, can I cancel it and install it on a Linux or Android device, or vice versa?

5. Are there any official ESET phone numbers/live chat/e-mail support(answer within a few hours) anywhere in the world speaking English, which are open on Saturday and Sunday too, or 24/7 and can answer to the above 4 questions, or any other technical queries please?

Thank you very much.
Warm regards and a happy new year !

Hi Im khairul, an ESET Authorised partner in Selling the security products in Malaysia.

And my answer to you, is based on my own experience in MALAYSIA and of course it didnt represent the whole world ESET Services.

1. If you received the CD-KEY and NOT the USERNAME and PASS, Then technically you can activate it anytime you want. But if you received Username And Pass and CD KEY, you still can activate anytime you want, but it will minus the days since you received the delivery email.

2. You can activate anytime, but again, it will deducted the days since you activate the first device (assuming you received only CD-Key instead of USERNAME).

3. The same answer as No 1

4.Hi Multi-Device pack come in 3 PC and 3 Mobile pack, thus the maximum amount of PC is only 3 and Mobile is 3, you cannot install 4 PC and 2 Mobile and vice versa. However lets say you have installed it on 3 PC, then you uninstall ESET from one of the PC, then yes, you will have another 1 Empty seat, thus you can installed it on other 1 more PC, the same goes mobile.

5. 1st method usually im recommending to ask at their forum, however, this forum are handled by 3rd party and before this the bugs to registered on the forum has been mention and might has been fix, if you cant then another bugs has exist else where. If you need normal support, then try to look on your local eset site for the distributor, and try to search for their phone number, they might can assist you regarding the issues. but of course during office hour only.

Basically we support ESET Technical enquiries, however, our knowledge and support are only limited to normal end user tech prob.

Hope this answer your question.

Khairul

Level 2
Verified
Feb 3, 2015
10 Hours ago, I created for the first time an account on https://forum.eset.com

After waiting more that 30 minutes to receive the validation email, I used

"
Resend validation email

Please enter your sign in name below to search for any pending validation requests. If any are found, the email will be resent to the email address you registered with.

"
I entered it:

"
Resend validation email

Revalidation Process
Your revalidation request was successful
A revalidation email has been sent to the registered address for that member. Please check your email within the next few minutes - including any 'junk mail' or 'spam' folders you may have.
"

That first account which I created was on my Gmail.

After waiting one more hour and try for the second time "Resend validation email" I created a new account on my Yahoo! Mail, thinking that Gmail is the reason.

I've been waiting for one more hour the validation e-mail for this second account too, and use again "Resend validation email" and still no e-mail from ESET neither in Spam on Yahoo! or Gmail either.

And now, after 11 hours I tried again "Resend validation email" and still nothing. I can't post anything in ESET forums.

When I try https://forum.eset.com/members/
"
Contact the community administrator
"

The message:
"
Sorry, you don't have permission for that!
"

Regards.

About this, have you check spam box etc? or atleast try search email from "eset.com" at the search box. if not, can you PM me your email and i will try my best to assist you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.