C Cleaner 1.0.0.0 (not CCleaner by Piriform)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rus Anca

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Jun 18, 2014
C Cleaner 1.0.0.0 - new release

Download page:http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/System-Tweak/C-Cleaner.shtml

About:
"C Cleaner is a small, yet useful application that enables you to permanently delete temporary files from your user account folders. The software can detect recently created temporary files and easily remove them. It can display the files in its interface, as they are deleted, as well as render the total number of erased files.

Simplicity in system cleanup

Accessing applications, installing programs or browsing the Internet can cause several temporary files to be created and stored on your computer. The term ‘temporary’ does not refer to their limited storage on your system, but rather to their usage and purpose. For instance, a temporary file can be created when transferring an item from one location to another.

While they are not necessary anymore, the temporary, or junk, files remain on your computer, in one or several locations, usually in the AppData directory. C Cleaner is designed to thoroughly scan this folder and identify if unnecessary files can be found in it. The file extensions that it searches for include .TMP, .DAT or .INK.

Lightweight application with clear functionality

C Cleaner is a small and lightweight application, with a uncomplicated interface. All you need to do is open it and click the Clean button. The software quickly performs the search and automatically erases the temporary files it identifies. It can display the name and path of the permanently deleted files, as well as the total number of detected files.

While C Cleaner is designed to be simple, it could benefit from featuring a function that allows the users to view the files before deleting them. Instead, the software only informs you of the items it has already erased.

Useful system cleaning tool

Cleaning up your system from unnecessary files, such as the temporary documents that take up space and resources can vastly improve your computer’s performance. C Cleaner is designed to help you clean up these files, free hard disk space and thus allow the system to reconfigure its resources consumption rate.

Some computers do not perform well when the amount of junk and temporary files increases. Temporary and junk files can take up a large amount of disk space and resources, which can cause a weak performance from your computer.

Low speed and disk space can cause trouble for your system and reduce its life. C Cleaner can help you in this matter, by cleaning away junk files from your computer."

Requirements:NET Framework

Source:http://www.softpedia.com/ ---Written by Elizabeta Virlan

Last edited:
Reactions: Kent

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! I may be mistaken and If I am, I apologize. I think Softpedia uses Down Load Managers which install PUP's on your PC if your not very careful. This has become common for companies to get extra income. Also your link is way out dated
I would use the author's down load site!
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Last edited:
Reactions: Malware1

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
Hi! I may be mistaken and If I am, I apologize. I think Softpedia uses Down Load Managers which install PUP's on your PC if your not very careful. This has become common for companies to get extra income.
My friend, you are not mistaken. Softpedia indeed does install software ; and I don't personally use it.

Reactions: donetao

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Nor Softpedia is installing any addon, download manager, toolbar or similar ( on the contrary it warns you when you try to download software bundled with crapware), nor this is CCleaner from Piriform.

Its poor rated on Softpedia and from http://megatechnologystore.blogspot.com/ developer's website.

Reactions: Prorootect

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Anyway, Softpedia is rare download site without adwares. They didn't offer anything similar as long as I remember.

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! For some reason I'm not allowed to attach a screen shot on this topic. I'm going to try to open a new thread and show how you can tell companies that use Down Load Managers. Regardless if softpedia uses Down load Managers. The down load link for CCleaner is way out dated.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
upload screenshot on some other site and share it here.
And read carefully above written about the C Cleaner

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
upload screenshot on some other site and share it here.
And read carefully above written about the C Cleaner
Hi I will try to do that! Are we talking about two different CCleaners? The one I'm talking about has been around for years and is free and recommended by all help forums. Any way here is my thread that I just posted. I hope it will help MT members have safe down loads when down loading freeware!
http://malwaretips.com/threads/how-to-know-if-a-download-contains-pups.33272/

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Back on topic:

Alarm bells should be ringing, a complete rip-off from CCleaner.com (by Piriform).

Looks like crapware, so I would Avoid.

Are Piriform aware of this junk software? I think it should be reported to them.

Edit: Changed the title make users aware that this is not CCleaner, despite similar name).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.