Call of Duty confirms its return to World War II, full reveal coming in five days

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
The rumors surrounding the upcoming Call of Duty's setting can finally be put to rest. A new countdown page has gone up confirming the series' return to World War II, with Sledgehammer Games heading its development. The game will be titled Call of Duty WWII.

It seems fitting that Call of Duty is returning to its roots, with Battlefield 1's foray into World War 1 last year. However, after the less than ideal response Infinite Warfare's reveal received last year, it will be interesting to see how fans respond this time around.

The page doesn't offer any more details regarding the game, apart from having a bloodied American soldier holding a pair of dog tags with a thousand yard stare at the forefront. The game's worldwide reveal live stream is slated to arrive less than five days from now, on April 26, 10 AM PST.

Source:Call of Duty

Call of Duty: WWII release date, screenshots and more details may have leaked

R

Rodney74

SOOOOOO Cool. Love the orig series. Give me a game that allows me to play as I want, go where I want, open world too and I'm happy.

Reactions: LASER_oneXM

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Have always been a fan of Call of Duty for years. Been playing and still do play the Call of Duty 1 that was the first to be released for PC back in October 29, 2003. Now you play that back in the day and you play it now and there won't be many users that play it, but have to say where most of my online gaming friendships were made was from that game!
I then went ahead and bought Call of Duty 2 which was basically an expansion to the world war series. I then continued to by the games as they came out, Call of Duty 3, Modern Warfare 4.

Call of Duty has to be my favourite modern version of the franchise because it still incorporates the war scenario which is what I like. Play for years after it came out in 2007 and played that for years until I then had to concentrate on school at the time and then got a full time apprenticeship.

Fast forward to 2016-2017 I went ahead and bought Call of Duty Black Ops III. Now I refused to buy any of the latest games as I just didn't want to make the transition to the latest games and what they had to offer when it comes to all these modded weapons, exo suits/jumps, supply drops etc, but after playing the game now for a solid 6 months it has started to to grow on me.

Alot of my online friends and real life friends went ahead and bought Call of Duty Infinite Warfare which also game with Call of Duty 4 Remastered. I was also planning on buying the game as it would of been awesome to see updated graphics, and to remember what it felt like to play the game, but one thing that stopped me was when they brought out supply drops and DLC weapons. I was not fond of it at all as some of my friends were and a couple of YouTuber's I watch as well. It was meant to be a game to bring back the good old days of Modern Warfare 4 but they had to spoil the game by having to DLC some of the original maps and bringing in new weapons/supply drops.

That is what I think will happen to this new game that is going go be coming out, they will "try" and keep it like the old world war games of Call of Duty but they will soon bring out supply drops and other such features to the game which in my opinion will take away from the whole World War theme.

I shall be waiting for this game to come out and wait for a couple of months after it has been released before I go ahead and purchase the game to see what the reviews will be once it's released.

Basically sums up what I like about the franchise haha

Reactions: Ink and LASER_oneXM

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Waiting for Multiplayer and Zombies trailers, I missed the reveal details. :(

By the way, comments with foul language were removed as per Forum Rules.

Reactions: JM Safe

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
While COD-haters moan...
Schofield also suggested that the first-person perspective of the shooter game will make it that much more real than hit WW2 films like 1998 blockbuster Saving Private Ryan.

And while it's true that other games in recent years have also tackled the horror of World War 1 and 2 in a profound way, such as Valient Hearts or Battlefield 1, Call of Duty, being one of the biggest games in the world, has the potential to reach and educate a young audience way beyond what any other game could manage.

"It’s a much more profound experience than the earlier Call of Duty games, of course, because of the more advanced hardware that we’re using.”
Source: Call of Duty WW2 will do something no other game has managed

But we won't know until we get to play the campaign.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.