Can anyone tell me if the information is reliable.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
On this site they rate privatefirewall higher than comodo.
Privatefirewall 5 star comodo 4 star. That is why i ask is this site reliable.

Reactions: Venustus

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
In think its a personal thing... but if it would be me? then i would prefer ANY firewall above comodo. That being said PF is really good and has a known reputation for doing exactly as it says.

Ok thank you plenty.

KaptainBug

Level 12
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
Just wondering why you copy pasted the entire website when you could have just left a link :rolleyes:
Relating to the topic, it depends. Both PF and Comodo are good. PF does not have all the bells and whistles, its a pure HIPS product. So I like it more than Comodo.

Reactions: Ink and Oxygen

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Just wondering why you copy pasted the entire website when you could have just left a link :rolleyes:
Relating to the topic, it depends. Both PF and Comodo are good. PF does not have all the bells and whistles, its a pure HIPS product. So I like it more than Comodo.

Sorry about that was to hasty

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
As others have stated Gizmos is a reputable site!
In terms of firewalls I prefer Comodo for personal reasons,but the choice is ultimately yours to make in terms of which suits your needs;)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I chose Privatefirewall for our Windows XP (before XP was retired & drifted out to sea:oops: in an Eskimo canoe..) and it has worked well for me since December!;) I'd felt very safe, set everything to Max,:rolleyes: & whenever a process I approved of was being filtered or when it would prompt a decsion like UAC, I'd allow, right click, & choose "train". My other choices were Comodo & Online Armor. I would have chosen Online Armor because, o_Owell... because Cats like to feel they're different!:p Also, it's considered a very good firewall!;)

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Gizmo reviews are very good but you should always try the products for yourself to determine what is best for you.

The reason they counted off on Comodo was the uninstall issues, No built-in help and lack of user friendliness.
Using Comodo usually involves visiting their forums for help and tweaking guides which makes it more of a geek fan tool.

Since Comodo does not provide their own removal tool, it can be very hard for most users to get it completely uninstalled if they find it isn't for them.

Most other firewalls are self explanatory and include built-in help without having to visit a forum for help. They also have a removal tool and cleanly uninstall with ease.

Enjoy!! :D

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Gizmo reviews are very good but you should always try the products for yourself to determine what is best for you.

The reason they counted off on Comodo was the uninstall issues, No built-in help and lack of user friendliness.
Using Comodo usually involves visiting their forums for help and tweaking guides which makes it more of a geek fan tool.

Since Comodo does not provide their own removal tool, it can be very hard for most users to get it completely uninstalled if they find it isn't for them.

Most other firewalls are self explanatory and include built-in help without having to visit a forum for help. They also have a removal tool and cleanly uninstall with ease.

Enjoy!! :D

Ok thank you.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.