Can I give 1 of my licenses to a friend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
Hi guys,

Quick question if anyone is able to answer it that would be great. I have a 3 user 1 year license for Bitdefender antivirus plus, I have it installed on 2 machines at home. Can I give the left over one to a friend or do all 3 machines have to be on the same ip? I'm guessing it's the lata, but I'm unsure.

Thanks in advance.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I am not sure how BitDefender controls their license.
Some vendors may allow same license to be use on three systems where others will only allow license to be used on one system then blacklisted if used on another system.

You can tell members to PM you if they want the try the license and give it to the first member that sends you the PM, but they will have to understand there is no guarantee that the license will work.

Thanks.:D

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
Thanks Littlebits. I want to give the license to a friend of mine, but I'm a little worried that when he uses it on his ip that BD will black list my whole 3 user license and then I've lost my money.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Only way I would say is to contact Bitdefender?

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Zero-day I have used such an arrangement and if you have purchased a 3PC aka 3 user license it is understood by default it will be for different computers on different IP. So you can use it.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
I wouldnt touch bitdefender if you paid me.
Awful program and the support is non-existent.
Heavy on resources too.

Thanks.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
I agree about the support, it is shocking! But the 2014 version is much lighter. They could still do with improving the impact on browsing speed though if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.