Advice Request Can i put windows 7 ultimate dual boot

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
because my brother dont have brain :p and that is the awnser. But i can do dualboot with 2 windows 7 ultimate x64?

yes you can. But you need to install it on Different partition. But one thing I am not sure whether you can still use the same license. Though hardware is same still it's kind of confusing on the license part.

Reactions: MalwareFire

MalwareFire

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 10, 2014
yes you can. But you need to install it on Different partition. But one thing I am not sure whether you can still use the same license. Though hardware is same still it's kind of confusing on the license part.
Yes i know i have to install in different partition but thanks man!! :D:)

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
You can, but you need different serial numbers for each, using the serial number printed on the back of the laptop/the case won't work because that serial is for one-time use only. The serial number that comes with the installation disc can be used for 3 installations alongside each other (running at the same time), and you can reinstall the OS with the same serial.

vags

Level 1
Verified
Jun 18, 2014
i want to know if i can have 2 windows 7 ultimate and do dual boot

Backup your activation licence with advanced token manager and restore it to your fresh install. Your backup will work only at same computer and for the same hardware configuration, if you change anything at hardware in future u need new backup (info for future use).
If you have problem with dual boot entries (because is same os) use easybcd to make the new entry.

Last edited:
Reactions: MalwareFire
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.