Advice Request Can I run only VoodooShield on my PC?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxX Legolas XxX

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 20, 2016
Can I run on my pc only VoodooShiled + Zemana portabele scanner?

I install VoodooShield and Windows 7 say:

Windows did not find antivirus software.....,and Spyware and unwanted software. Can VoodooShield protect

my from spyware and unwanted software or It is bug on windows?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
If you block everything that voodoo tells you to block, you will be very safe. You don't need AV.
But if you go against the suggestions, that is at your own risk. That is why some people use AV also, as a safety net.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
As far as I know, disabling UAC is optional (reading Av Gurus' post now, & I agree..) although on Windows 10 we've continued to keep UAC set "on" max. (always notify) on both our home systems.
Yes, version 3.45 is the most current.
We continue to use traditional Internet Security (Emsisoft I.S. on one & Defender + Windows Firewall on the other) & have Zemana (installed) set on realtime protection too.

Last edited:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I'm only worried about windows pop-up "You don't have antispyware and unwanted software".
In VoodooShieldlicense agreement it say "You might consider disabling UAC".Will I disable or set on default?
You can disable UAC with VS, but I would set it at minimum or default until the VS freezes are a thing of the past.
As for only running VS, you can but you better be a safe browser, a very conscience clicker, and have a very
good set of Browser plugins. It can be done but i would not recommend it. ;)

Last edited:

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Just untick what is highlighted in my screenshot and you won't see those warnings anymore. VS is solid, but you should add something else incase it freezes or crashes
2016-10-24_164557.png

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I run WD+VS Pro+ZAL and UAC default on my system, complete lock down without the need of another stuff.
These are also my security software with the difference that i use ZAL as on demand scanner.
If i want to test something suspicious i turn on ZAL real time protection and i am also using Shadow Defender just to be safe
in case i will do something stupid;)

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
I ran Voodooshield alone on my niece desktop (with WD since I don't see a point to turn it off).

It's good enough for that. Just set it Auto-mode and good to go.

Voodooshield by far is the only set and forget security software I admire (the other being Emsisoft). You don't even need to configure any settings.

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
Voodooshield by far is the only set and forget security software I admire (the other being Emsisoft). You don't even need to configure any settings.

This is what I find most impressive about Voodooshield. You can download the small ~13 Mb setup file and within minutes of installation your PC is protected with no faffing around with dozens of settings. Not only that, you can easily replicate your whitelistings between PC's as the info is saved in the cloud. Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.