Can I run SpyShelter firewall with eset internet security together

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
I use spyshelter firewall with eset antivirus but I will renew my eset license soon
I want to get eset internet security to work with my spyshelter firewall lifetime license

Can I use both firewall together or if I get eset internet security
I must disable one of them

And if I must use one only
Which one disable

Reactions: Svoll

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
You don't need two anyway; one is sufficient - disable one of the firewall components.

I recommend keeping the ESET firewall active and disabling the SpyShelter one.
But I was hacked by someone when I used eset smart security only for my old pc 2 years ago

I do not know how it happened
I searched for more protection and decided to get spyshelter firewall
But I did not tried it with eset security

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
You don't need two anyway; one is sufficient - disable one of the firewall components.

I recommend keeping the ESET firewall active and disabling the SpyShelter one.
But I was hacked by someone when I used eset smart security only for my old pc 2 years ago

I use spyshelter firewall with eset antivirus but I will renew my eset license soon
I want to get eset internet security to work with my spyshelter firewall lifetime license

Can I use both firewall together or if I get eset internet security
I must disable one of them

And if I must use one only
Which one disable

What do you mean by "hacked" ?

Was your network compromised (attack from outside the physical system) ?

Was it malware installed on the system ?

Reactions: Svoll and Adz.

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
What do you mean by "hacked" ?

Was your network compromised (attack from outside the physical system) ?

Was it malware installed on the system ?

I do not know how but I did not accept file from unknown source or like that
I just connect my pc with internet and it is only connected in the network with wifi connection with a strong password I am only one know it

And found someone closed application so I turned pc off
Then I get massage to use password and Microsoft email to access
I do not make this option

I used an original windows which came with pc
It was win 8

W

Wave

Please elaborate by giving us more details.

Firstly, I am not sure about what you are referring to when you say "hacked" since you could mean a number of things - was malware active on your system (e.g. a backdoor infection), or were you attacked outside of this factor (e.g. via a DDoS attack)?

Secondly, the firewall in ESET Smart Security is actually very good - I would think it to be better than SpyShelter however this is just my personal opinion, thus why I recommended it over SpyShelter - and I would imagine that ESET do much more work on it, hence having a larger development team and arguably much more money to invest into it's development.

If you prefer SpyShelter then use the firewall component on that and if not then use the ESET one, both are good and will help to keep you protected - that's all there is to it when deciding the security software alongside already knowing the protection is good... Just go with your flow, whatever rocks your boat, and never give up on hope. ;)

That being said, no security software will keep you 100% protected, that's impossible because you as a user can make a bad decision... Therefore, always keep your eyes open and think before you download and run something (for example). ;)

W

Wave

I just connect my pc with internet and it is only connected in the network with wifi connection with a strong password I am only one know it

It was win 8
Are you sure you are actually infected?

Maybe you accidentally closed the program, or it terminated itself... And please elaborate about the Microsoft e-mail situation, was it genuine?

If you are not sure, get a check-up here: Malware Removal Assistance

Reactions: Svoll and tim one

It was win 8

You turned off pc - and afterwards could not login to your system ?

Then you got an e-mail message (using a different system) stating you must contact them to get password to login to hacked system ?

Is this what you meant ?

Reactions: novocaine and Svoll

Without more details it is difficult to say what happened 2 years ago.

If it was compromised, it could have been via program exploit, OS exploit, network exploit\hack,...

What was installed on the system at that time, was all software kept up to date, which version of Windows (My instinct tells me XP), etc, etc ???

If it is Windows XP, then the system can not be completely protected - no matter what security software(s) is\are installed.

Reactions: novocaine and Svoll

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016

Then you got an e-mail message (using a different system) stating you must contact them to get password to login to hacked system ?

Is this what you meant ?
I couldn't remember that I have this message but I think not
What happened I have just password with 4 digits
They make admin password
So I enter my account on live account then go to use my windows

Facebook account hacked also
It is more than times

I use eset to remove many spam several time
Haking on pc made several time

And I just a user not have experience in security

Also I forgot something
I found a a network device connected to my network
I did not use or have

Last edited:
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Do not use the SpyShelter Firewall - ESET has a much better Firewall so why would you switch? And what the heck is this "I've been hacked!" business? Have you clicked on Phishing links or something?

You don't necessarily get "hacked" if your system has been infected. Have you had some sort of backdoor maybe which allowed cyber criminals to take over your PC & then they probably provided phishing links or something to gain access to your accounts. It could have even been a technician scam by the sound of it - was there a technician or someone you talked to who was meant to be fixing your PC?

Also another thing, are you implying that your accounts have been hacked several times? How long are your passwords?

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016

Is this what you meant ?

I did not closed any program
I just open pc and use it then after some time I read paper book and let pc works

I saw like mouse or something turn off appz but I did not use the mouse or the pc.
So I turned power off not useing shut down option but by take electricity off

I did not closed any program
I just open pc and use it then after some time I read paper book and let pc works

I saw like mouse or something turn off appz but I did not use the mouse or the pc.
So I turned power off not useing shut down option but by take electricity off

Image of a mouse that would run across\off the screen ?

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
Also I forgot something
I did not use or have in my network
The network is a home network

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Also I forgot something
I did not use or have in my network
The network is a home network
How many times have your online accounts been compromised? Please tell me how many characters do you use when you make a new password?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
And what the heck is this "I've been hacked!" business?
A term used by media sources to purposely frighten inexperienced computer users, since it's a headline grabber.

Social engineering, Phishing, Scam, ID Theft are alternate terms, but are not commomly used - as explained above.

It's more likely OP experienced an unusual event and initial thoughts led to thinking they were Hacked.

Change your Router password (varies per router) and WPA2 key.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
First of all what do you mean hacked in literally?

The main cause there if the file is bypassed by ESET core protection itself, however it should pop-up by default about new ruleset to connect on the internet regardless if malicious or not is the file.

Actually you need to configure the firewall to make it effective.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.