Advice Request Can I use more than 1 Ad blocker?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

taga

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 10, 2016
Hello everyone

Can I use more than 1 add blocker, because once I installed UBlock Origin, I realized I already had an add blocker installed which was not as good as UBlock Origin

Last edited by a moderator:

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
In my opinion you can use multiple ad blocker.
You need to have enough RAM and processing power to use them.

Myriad

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
Hey @taga :)
I agree with @Inkurax
I also have uBlock Origin....
Additional Filter Lists can be selected/added to uBlock Origin,including those by Adguard and Disconnect.
The main resource for these lists is @ Lists · FilterLists

@Logethica
Thanks for posting the link to " FilterLists " .
That is a very useful site !
I've been using uBlock Origin for years and never knew :)

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
@Myriad
You are very welcome,my friend :)
"FilterLists" is quite new....
The Initial Site Launch was on February 16th of this year.

I advise anyone interested in adding "numerous" extra filter lists to do so maybe 2 at a time and then check their impact on "page breakage","browser slowdown",& "specific site access denial"..
Some filters can "possibly" cause "issues",such as the "GNU" Lists.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rishi

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
No reason at all to use more than 2 adblockers.

They have same filter, blocking will post same result and performance may only suffered as you browse.

Although in reality that it cannot lead to unbootable system, however the idea and practicality goes only on being paranoia instead.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I use 2 adblockers with ease... Custom hosts (System wide adblocking) + Ublock Origin (limited to browsers) 3 if you want to add peerblock ads lists ;)

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
For those of you that use the excellent Filterlists.com as a resource for uBlock Origin or Adblock Plus compatible filters as I do...
Polish speakers may be interested in the recent Changelog;

v1.0.21
July 11, 2016 / in Changelog / by Collin M. Barrett
via azet12
  • Added KAD Polish.
DESCRIPTION: Blocks Polish regional scams and phishing.

OTHER POLISH FILTERS ON FILTERLIST INCLUDE;
Fanboy Polish / Maciej’s Polish / Maciej’s Polish Cookies / Maciej’s Polish Social / Adblock Polska Polish

Reactions: frogboy and DardiM

simbelmayne

Level 3
Verified
Jul 4, 2016
You can use two, three or a hundred of adblockers, but they will conflict with each other, and the speed of browsing will decrease noticeably. There's no need for this, just use one good adblocker. Personally I've never encountered the ad that can bypass the ABP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.