Can KIS, Malwarebytes Premium, HitmanPro.Alert, Zemana & SAS run at the same time?

The Security Guy

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 1, 2017
Is it alright to run Kaspersky Internet Security 2016(activated), Malwarebytes Premium, HitmanPro(activated), HitmanPro.Alert(activated), Zemana Anti-Malware(activated) & Super Anti-Spyware(activated) at the same time? Will running all of them at the same time cause conflicts?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Probably... but with SAS and MBAM3 Premium can be some issues, that's a so crazy combo :eek:o_O:confused:

KIS with some stronger tweaks and all the others not resident as a second opinion scanners should be enough...

Or KIS + HitManPro.Alert and all the others not resident as a second opinion scanners.

Pearl96

Level 5
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
Hello! I really don't understand how people sacrifice performance for the sake of security! For me using One security suite and only one second-opinion scanner is more than enough! From your configuration I can tell that all hackers are waiting for you hahahaha :p Believe me you don't need to use all of this just be careful and know what you're doing and you'll be in the safe side :cool:

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
KIS is the core of your configuration.
On demand scanners are useful satellites but the lion part in real-time is Kaspersky that well knows how to do its job.
Eventually I would like to add just ZAM without overkill.

Pearl96

Level 5
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
KIS is the core of your configuration.
On demand scanners are useful satellites but the lion part is in real-time and Kaspersky well knows how to do its job.
Eventually I would like to add just ZAM without overkill.

Kaspersky is great and in my opinion should never be accompanied with any other real-time solutions! Just a complementary second-opinion scanner and everything will be OK! ZAM is a wise choice ;)

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
It's just a nick. But you could check this two links some advice to configure defult settings for KIS: So it's give you some peace of mind that your KIS is pretty good configured. For those you mention, maybe i just leave HitmanProAlert real time potection. All the rest is just "coffee house bu@@s@i@! , i mean leave them as a second layer.

hamo

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2014
Let us change your Q. from " Can I ........" To " It is useful to install ............."

The answer is NO.

- SAS and MBAM every one of them is heavy on PC resource .(its engine may be needed for scan every week, free is enough I used both)

- Zemana is lighter but rial time did not work well and still have bug, (may needed for scan every month like above I used it)

- {HitmanPro(activated), HitmanPro.Alert(activated)} !!!!!!!!!!! HitmanPro.Alert included HitmanPro. why you use both ?
HitmanPro.Alert is very light and is very effective and can be used in rial time without feeling of any heavy on your PC.

- I used KIS + HitmanPro.Alert both in rial time and work so so good , ( I add VS in rial time also) [ My rial protection ]

- KIS is strong as it is.

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
KIS + Malwarebytes 3.0 or

KIS+ Hitman Pro alert or

KIS+ Zemana would be great :)

SAS is obsolete and gives a lot of FPs. But using all these at the same time is useless and not recomended. You'll surely get BSOD regularly with all those shields activated and working together.;)

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Seriously? It is obvious that so many real time scanners should conflict.
Just use Kaspersky and HitmanPro.Alert in real time, and Zemana for second opinion.
That's enough and already a very good combo.
You can however focus on prevention, by tweaking your browser with uBlock and HTTPS Everywhere.

The Security Guy

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 1, 2017
Thank You guys for all the info. The only reason I posted this question is because in the MalwareTips guide on how to easily remove malware(How to easily clean an infected computer (Malware Removal Guide)), I came across HitmanPro.Alert, Malwarebytes, Zemana Anti-Malware and HitmanPro. After I did everything in the guide I was confused whether I should keep them in the PC and enable their real-time protection:confused:. Before, I only had KIS 2016(as real-time) & SAS (as on-demand):). I followed the guide because one of my cousins infected my PC by running an infected DVD in my PC:(. He didn't scan the DVD with KIS before running it:mad:.

Last edited:

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
It is like six men in one car, and three of them want to drive. Do you really think it is safe? :D
Super Anti-Spyware, and Zemana Anti-Malware have many false positives (especially the first). If you have Windows 8+ , Windows SmartScreen would be the better choice. The Kaspersky alone is a good choice (as adviced by many members). You can add HitmanPro with HitmanPro.Alert if you use vulnerable software or Windows 7.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Definitely, use Kaspersky + HMP.Alert. Both offer very good protection and are pretty light. I haven't used either problem very much and I think both have Anti-Exploit capabilities. If both do disable it on one of the programs to prevent conflicts. Be sure to exclude their processes from each other too! I would use Zemana as an on-demand scanner.

Having all those security programs running together will cause MASSIVE slowdowns and conflictions.

Stay safe! -JGamez

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Zemana - Malwarebytes and SAS is pointless in this combo, only useful for on-demand scanning.
even my KIS + VS + HMPA is an overkill.

Reactions: Rengar

Duotone

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
OVERKlLL:eek::eek::eek: a waste of resource.

KIS would be enough as mentioned before and If you always install programs from trusted site you can just opt for a whitelisting/anti-exe like SAP, VS or AG.

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Hello,I have Bitdefender Total Security,Malwarebytes 3.0.6 Premium,Zemana Anti Malware Premium,Superantispyware professional and Hitman Pro running on the same Windows 8.1 home:)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Thank You guys for all the info. The only reason I posted this question is because in the MalwareTips guide on how to easily remove malware(How to easily clean an infected computer (Malware Removal Guide)), I came across HitmanPro.Alert, Malwarebytes, Zemana Anti-Malware and HitmanPro. After I did everything in the guide I was confused whether I should keep them in the PC and enable their real-time protection.
You can continue using Kaspersky Internet Security, but can recommend to replace SuperAntiSpyware with another product, preferably on-demand, but you can decide.
The products used for malware removal are usually used once or twice, for their purpose. It's not required to keep the software, but if you decide to keep them you can, but not all.

Hello,I have Bitdefender Total Security,Malwarebytes 3.0.6 Premium,Zemana Anti Malware Premium,Superantispyware professional and Hitman Pro running on the same Windows 8.1 home:)
Well done! :) Except I would rather use Bitdefender with a Sandbox, because multiple scanning technologies in real-time is useful if you get infected.

Reactions: Duotone

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.