Advice Request Can you compile Open Source like Veracrypt and make it more secure?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
Hi
i had always issues compiling freeware and opensource , like lame(mp3 enconder) , truecrypt and veracypt

i tried to compile veracypt without luck

do somebody compiled for example veracrypt?
would be great to add a nice feature , remove/erase the header after x failed and wrong password inserted

removing the header will make the computer crypted by veracypt impossible to revocer
similar to an iphone , after 10 wrong password inserted , the photo delelete the conent inside the phone

is somebody interested to compile veracypt and add this feature?

thanks

Reactions: upnorth

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
hi
nobody care about it, don't you?
i tried at least to compile without luck
thanks

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
The only things that I compiled were some small C++ programs and that was long long time ago. And everything now has changed.
And as for the feature you have suggested its good but it should be optional, 'cause sometimes users do tend to forget passwords of their own files.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.