Can you help me know how to use Comodo Firewall properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
I am a happy Comodo Firewall user and I feel it works properly and asks me on every action happens in the PC. I don't know how to answer when an alert similar to this appears:
ef7DI.png

How can I deal with this type of alert? I am always not sure and clicking on block but without selecting the remember my answer option :D
I would like to get some help from you :)
Thanks

I

illumination

WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
I am a happy Comodo Firewall user and I feel it works properly and asks me on every action happens in the PC. I don't know how to answer when an alert similar to this appears:
ef7DI.png

How can I deal with this type of alert? I am always not sure and clicking on block but without selecting the remember my answer option :D
I would like to get some help from you :)
Thanks

It is not necessary to receive incoming connections for the applications on your system, you can actually go to the Stealth Ports Wizard, and select, block all incoming connections. This will stop these alerts, and will still allow applications on your system to connect outbound on a need basis. This is actually more secure this way, if you also chose to put your outbound connections custom, it will be even more secure, but you will have to deal with the decisions of what to allow out. I would just block all incoming, and keep the other firewall setting in safe mode.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
thewolfsmith72 said:
It is not necessary to receive incoming connections for the applications on your system, you can actually go to the Stealth Ports Wizard, and select, block all incoming connections. This will stop these alerts, and will still allow applications on your system to connect outbound on a need basis. This is actually more secure this way, if you also chose to put your outbound connections custom, it will be even more secure, but you will have to deal with the decisions of what to allow out. I would just block all incoming, and keep the other firewall setting in safe mode.

Thanks for the help. Understood

I

illumination

WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
thewolfsmith72 said:

Thanks for the help. Understood

Your welcome, any time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.