Troubleshoot Can you please check if you have these registry keys?

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
hi

can you please check if you have these registry keys ?
please i would appreciate
windows 7 sp1 last update 64bit in this case ultimate

thanks
best regards

Attachments

• 1.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 455
  • 2.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 415
  • 3.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 437
  • 4.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 345
  • 5.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 466
  • 6.txt
    5 KB · Views: 396
  • 7.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 419
  • 8.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 429
  • 9.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 456
  • full.txt
    29.4 KB · Views: 540
U

uncle bill

I've made a little search and dexpot seems to be a virtual desktop appliance for windows systems.
do you have a K drive?
do you have dexpot installed on K drive?
Does "K:\Dexpot\mscomctl.ocx" exist in "K:\Dexpot"?

Reactions: giulia
Upvote 0

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
I've made a little search and dexpot seems to be a virtual desktop appliance for windows systems.
do you have a K drive?
do you have dexpot installed on K drive?
Does "K:\Dexpot\mscomctl.ocx" exist in "K:\Dexpot"?
hi
yes i do the portable version not the installation version
but these keys does exist for example in your system ?
is there a trusty tool to backup the registry and restore for w10 ,8,and 7?

thanks

Upvote 0
U

uncle bill

i don't have those keys on my virtual machine but i think it can be absolutely normal for you having them, because using a portable version doesn't exclude usage of registry keys. before anything else, my suggestion is to contact dexpot support asking about genuinity of those key. you can also attach "K:\Dexpot\mscomctl.ocx" and ask them to check for integrity of the file itself.

Upvote 0

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
i don't have those keys on my virtual machine but i think it can be absolutely normal for you having them, because using a portable version doesn't exclude usage of registry keys. before anything else, my suggestion is to contact dexpot support asking about genuinity of those key. you can also attach "K:\Dexpot\mscomctl.ocx" and ask them to check for integrity of the file itself.
Hi Bill
thanks
but if you run dexpot portable in ur virtual machine you can find them?
maybe with a snapshot
thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: DardiM
Upvote 0
U

uncle bill

dexpot needs mscomctl.ocx to work (doesn't start without it). mscomctl.ocx is a windows library (for sure in my case). if your system is missing it you can run dexpot_commoncontrols.exe to install it, and yes, it creates a lot of those keys in the registry.
17g86u.jpg

Reactions: DardiM and giulia
Upvote 0

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
dexpot needs mscomctl.ocx to work (doesn't start without it). mscomctl.ocx is a windows library (for sure in my case). if your system is missing it you can run dexpot_commoncontrols.exe to install it, and yes, it creates a lot of those keys in the registry.
hi
i have run as administrator , if you run as administrator it needs mscomctl.ocx in its folder , you don't need to install dexpot_commoncontrols.exe
thanks

Reactions: DardiM
Upvote 0
U

uncle bill

did you registered mscomctl.ocx with regsvr32 or someone else did it for you? where is mscomctl.ocx coming from? why don't you have used dexpot_commoncontrols.exe? in altre parole giulia: perche' hai la necessita' di sapere se quelle chiavi di registro sono legittime?
:)

Upvote 0

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
Last edited:
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.