Advice Request Can you skip the ZenMate Sign Up and Trial?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
After installing the latest version of ZenMate for Chrome, I am prompted with this. If I close and click the ZenMate icon, it shows up again.

Is there any possible to skip this?

upload_2016-5-15_1-15-49.png

I don't want to sign up and verify any email or account.

arslan ejaz

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2015
If i remember correctly last when i was using firefox i installed zenmate and they didnt ask me about email or anything else wonder if that was me or happened to anyone while using firefox.???

Reactions: Ink

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I had an account from when they had less than 500 downloads on Chrome Web Store, but deleted it recently after they failed to deliver something for early account holders.

I have uninstalled it from Chrome, but will check it on Firefox in VM.

Forced registration, they've gone downhill.

Reactions: Alkajak and frogboy
D

Deleted member 2913

I dont think you can skip email verification, etc...

I have tried Zenmate extension on Firefox & Chrome.

Chrome - It adds a background service. You will notice it on TaskManager - Startup

Firefox - Guess doesn't add background service...not sure

I run premium desktop version. Speed is not that good & some servers connect fine but doesn't work i.e browsing/page doesn't load. To me it seems few servers are good & not all. For me Austria server works good & some servers doesn't load page & some servers doesn't load some website.

To use VPN with Router, do you have to configure Router for VPN?

Atleast here the experience with the speed, it seems not good for media & torrent download users.

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
Yes, signup dialogs are really a headache. Also sometimes it cannot hide your IP, I found it when the ads being shown were not of the country that I had changed my IP to, but the ads were relavent to my home country. Later when I checked my IP from one of the sites, it showed the real IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.