Canadian carrier Bell accidentally leaks Google's new Pixel phone

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Ahead of its October 4 announcement, Canadian wireless carrier Bell has listed Google's upcoming Pixel phone. The title and URL of the page imply that it's for pre-ordering Samsung's Galaxy Note7; however, you'll be greeted by what you see above.

First spotted by Steve Hemmerstoffer, the listing doesn't say much else. There's a form where you can input your personal information, as well as if you're already a Bell customer or not, but that's about it. In fact, you'll even see a message on the page that, "An error occured [sic] while processing your request."

Quite a bit is rumored to launch at Google's October 4 event. Alongside the Pixel and Pixel XL (which are likely to launch with Android 7.1 Nougat, so expect news about that), there should be a Daydream VR headset, a Chromecast that supports streaming in 4K, and Google Home, which is the company's competitor to Amazon's Echo family of devices.

We might even hear about Andromeda, which is Google's rumored project that merges Android and Chrome OS. While that is something that the company is rumored to announce, it does seem like the type of thing that would be held back until its I/O 2017 developer conference.
1475435671_pixel_dfkjgbrfkera.jpg
Source: Twitter via Android Central

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Humm, looks like a little Samsung / LG inspiration going
on there with the Pixel. I bet its going to be one of the
hardest to root as well, time will tell.
Thanks Exterminator.

exCode

Level 3
Verified
Sep 19, 2016
Humm, looks like a little Samsung / LG inspiration going
on there with the Pixel. I bet its going to be one of the
hardest to root as well, time will tell.
Thanks Exterminator.

Kinda makes me sad that there wont be (easily) rooted phones anymore.. I actually rooted my 6P today (Android 7) and I really appreciated how easy it is now. Maybe the 6P will be Google enthusiast phone?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.