Advice Request Cannot connect to the KSN

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didie Farhan

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 3, 2015
I often get "could not get information from Kaspersky Security Network" when I want to check software with "check reputation in KSN". Kaspersky also cannot detect cloudcar from amtso. How to fix this.
Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 18.0.0.405(c)
Windows 10

Attachments

• Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    534 KB · Views: 431

Didie Farhan

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 3, 2015
I am from Malaysia.
How can i know whether an ISP is working fine? I already tested with two different ISPs.
The installed programs are voodooshield, adguard and malwarebytes free.
However i also have a couple of portable programs such as emsisosft, eset, hitman pro and zemana.

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
How can i know whether an ISP is working fine?

If you have a vpn client try to connect with it to Kaspersky Lab

The installed programs are voodooshield, adguard and malwarebytes free.
However i also have a couple of portable programs such as emsisosft, eset, hitman pro and zemana.

Try to disable voodooshield to check if it connects. In my opinion too many security programs on your PC: Kaspersky, voodooshield, malwarebytes, emsisoft, eset, hitman, zemana

Didie Farhan

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 3, 2015
Adguard stand alone application I guess... some users using (AG + Kaspersky) are getting issues sometimes, try disabling temporally AG services...

Does it related to Adguard since it only occurred frequently during peak hour whereas its working find during non-peak hour like in the morning. By the way, the internet speed is constant at 3Mbps during non-peak and off-peak hour during the time of testing.

If your ISP does its own filtering, that might be the reason. I had that problem in the past.
May i know how to determine whether an ISP used their own filtering? By using VPN?

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
I uninstalled Adguard and the error seems gone for now. Thank you for everyones help. I will update later if the error occur again.
Good to know.

Just an FYI, whenever this happens to me, occasionally, i update my Kaspersky database & the error goes away after a successful update even if there are no available updates. Well this is just me, your seems like a different problem. Just a suggestion as i also use Adguard desktop & Kaspersky together.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.