Advice Request Cannot connect to the Norton Server!

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I thought about using the new Norton 360 on my other laptop...When I try to use the backup feature and try to sign in I get this:
4pUZAdg.png

I know this is not a new issue with Norton but it really is frustrating,not to mention all the damn popups.
I've searched their official forum with no luck in resolving the issue with their recommendations...Can anyone please advise.
Thanks!

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
did you uninstall the internet explorer? or do you have another main web browser? i dont know why but norton needs the internet explorer to connect to their server. that's the reason why i cannot install my norton anymore...i have permanently deactivated the old internet explorer on my system.

@ForgottenSeer 58943 he has similar experience with this bad process

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
did you uninstall the internet explorer? or do you have another main web browser? i dont know why but norton needs the internet explorer to connect to their server. that's the reason why i cannot install my norton anymore...i have permanently deactivated the old internet explorer on my system.
I've tried setting the default browser as IE..still no luck..Thanks for the suggestion.

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
for anyone wants to solve this problem, just make internet explorer your default browser and open it then install norton toolbar and try again to activate norton with your internet explorer opened. it will connect with the server without a problem.
i am sorry for my english :)
I installed Norton on my gaming laptop and it worked....I did all of the above on the other laptop and for the life of me I just can't get it to work...So Kaspersky resides on that one.
Thanks!:)

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I have had this same problem,It occurred to me after Acronis kept malfunctioning for me,that I had left my system on( adjusted for best performance)after going back to let windows decide no more problem,Just in case your using this setting (adjusted for best performance) try going back maybe this might help.I no longer have had the, can not connect,only thing different I before had e-bay license now have bought through Amazon(good deals lately)going back to Kaspersky is no sacrifice.gl

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.