Cannot get FARBAR to complete. Error "There is no disk in the drive..."

frett

Thread author
Dec 9, 2015
Hi Everyone! I thought I had a pretty secure machine but I have learned otherwise.

As instructed, I am trying to start the process of asking for help here on malwaretips.com, but FARBAR keeps giving me the error "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk1\DR1"

I hit Cancel, Try Again, or Continue and nothing closes. The error message just pops up again.

I have not rebooted yet, bc I was hoping to leave things intact for now. Short of rebooting, does anyone have any suggestions? There are no USB drives attached.

frett

Thread author
Dec 9, 2015
Well, I shut down the Event Viewer and the error window went away, and FARBAR completed running.

Strange but glad I can continue!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.