Solved Cannot get rid of "Ads by Notification" (Softonic) on my PC

kikafn

Thread author
Dec 4, 2017
Hello,

I cannot locate and remove "Ads by Notification" on my PC. I tried looking for it in programs in my control panel but it isn't there, nor are there any suspicious programs I do not know about. I deleted temporary files, I blocked the Softonic website on my browsers, I tried every maleware software you suggest in your guidelines, nothing works. I don't know where it's hiding or what to do anymore.

Please help me :(

Thank you.

kikafn

Thread author
Dec 4, 2017
I was just about to write back.
So far no more Softonic, thank God. Even at the price of losing all history. Thank you very much for your time and assistance. If this happens again I'll know what to do now. Thank you again.

One last thing, is there a way to delete the txt files in this thread?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.