Troubleshoot Cant creat folder in samsung sd card. Sometimes cant open the sd card.

Infected operating system
Android version 7
Infected device
Moto g4
Infected device issues
I cant creat folders in sd card even in mobile and when attached mobile to laptop. Sometimes the folders within it are not visible.
Steps taken to remove the infection
Mobile scanned with free version of avg. But i think it scanned only internal storage. I even tried to scan sd card using Windows defender after connecting the Mobile to laptop. But during custom scan, the mobile folder is not seen. What to do now ? Is this due tp virus or anyother problem? I could copy all files to my laptop and did that before hand.

Tessy

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 14, 2019
It doesn't seem a malware infection, it may be a problem of your sd card.
If possible, transfer your files to your PC and try to format the sd card.

Here are the steps :

Thank you. I'll format it then.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
What will happen if I format it as an internal memmory?
My bad even suggest format as the first step because if you have important or crucial information on your SD, you of course must create a backup first! Please also Verify the backup. Too many people forget or ignore this step. If you can't seem to use the SD even in other machines as you already described, it's a huge risk that the SD card itself is too damaged. I suspect the format option will not work but I can of course be wrong. The " Internal " format option is there if you want to use the SD card as a memory extension and install apps on it for that specific device. It dosen't work on all phones but there's possible workarounds that might help. I won't dig into that right now. Anyway test as portable as it's important to know if format even works. After that you can decide whatever suit your needs best.

Reactions: ChemicalB and Tessy

Tessy

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 14, 2019
My bad even suggest format as the first step because if you have important or crucial information on your SD, you of course must create a backup first! Please also Verify the backup. Too many people forget or ignore this step. If you can't seem to use the SD even in other machines as you already described, it's a huge risk that the SD card itself is too damaged. I suspect the format option will not work but I can of course be wrong. The " Internal " format option is there if you want to use the SD card as a memory extension and install apps on it for that specific device. It dosen't work on all phones but there's possible workarounds that might help. I won't dig into that right now. Anyway test as portable as it's important to know if format even works. After that you can decide whatever suite your needs best.
Thank you

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.