My son's laptop has Tuvaro toolbar and nothing I do is getting rid of it. I am posting this from my own laptop, so I had to lie above and day I didn't run any scans. That's not true. I ran a crapload of scans. I will go upstairs and post a reply to this post and upload the files, but I input so much info here that I don't want to start over.
- Operating System
- Windows 7
- Are you using a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system?
- 64-bit (x64)
- Infection date and initial symptoms
Not sure, this is my son's laptop. I think he told me about it two or three days ago. So maybe Wed., Jan. 22. When he opens Firefox or Internet Explorer, Tuvaro appears to be the home page. There are no files on the hard drive or the browsers called Tuvaro, so it's very tough to figure out where it's coming from. Initially, Google searches also turned up lots of ads from shopping sites that had infected his laptop.
- Current issues and symptoms
- After downloading and running about a half dozen programs (recommended here), I got rid of a crazy amount of malware, got even more malware as a result, and got rid of that. Yet still, that blasted Tuvaro home page/toolbar is still appearing.
- Steps taken in order to remove the infection
I found a post here on how to remove Tuvaro. I took all the steps, but it didn't go away. There was another post from someone who, like me, could find no signs of Tuvaro, and who took all the steps in the post without success. I re-did the whole thing using the added step (which was, I believe, using JRT). I rebooted the PC and opened the browser, but Tuvaro was still there.
Tools used included Revo Uninstaller, Malwarebytes, Adwarecleaner, HitmanPro, and JRT. I think that was all of them. I also re-set both browsers (firefox and IE).