Can't get rid of Tuvaro toolbar

janet444

Thread author
Verified
Jan 24, 2014
My son's laptop has Tuvaro toolbar and nothing I do is getting rid of it. I am posting this from my own laptop, so I had to lie above and day I didn't run any scans. That's not true. I ran a crapload of scans. I will go upstairs and post a reply to this post and upload the files, but I input so much info here that I don't want to start over.

Janet

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Hi and welcome to the malwaretips.com forums!

I'm Kuttus and I am going to try to assist you with your problem. Please take note of the below:
  • I will start working on your malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine!
  • The process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine is clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
  • Refrain from running self fixes as this will hinder the malware removal process.
  • It may prove beneficial if you print of the following instructions or save them to notepad as I post them.
Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.

Before we start:
Please be aware that removing malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.

Because of this, I advise you to backup any personal files and folders before you start.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEP 1: Run a scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

janet444

Thread author
Verified
Jan 24, 2014
Wow, you're fast! I didn't get a chance to upload those scan results. Should I still do that?

Thank you!

Janet

janet444

Thread author
Verified
Jan 24, 2014
Okay, done. Those two files are attached.

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    40.9 KB · Views: 264
  • Addition.txt
    29.5 KB · Views: 639

janet444

Thread author
Verified
Jan 24, 2014
Oh, I didn't see your other reply. I'll look for all the other logs now and upload them here. There were a lot! I had to run most of the programs twice.

Okay, I don't know why there are so many AdwCleaner files, but here they all are, and the JRT log. I can't do more than 10, so I'll start another message to post the other logs.

Attachments

• JRT.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 167
  • AdwCleaner[R0].txt
    15.4 KB · Views: 193
  • AdwCleaner[R1].txt
    909 bytes · Views: 103
  • AdwCleaner[R2].txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 95
  • AdwCleaner[R3].txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 92
  • AdwCleaner[S0].txt
    14.1 KB · Views: 160
  • AdwCleaner[S1].txt
    969 bytes · Views: 86
  • AdwCleaner[S2].txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 87
  • AdwCleaner[S3].txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 90
  • AdwCleaner[S4].txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 99

janet444

Thread author
Verified
Jan 24, 2014
Here are two logs for HitmanPro.

I also used Revo Uninstaller and Malwarebytes. I thought Malwarebytes had logs, but I'm not finding them. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

Attachments

• HitmanPro_20140123_2326 log 01-23-14.txt
    43.4 KB · Views: 110
  • HitmanPro_20140124_0814 01-24-14.txt
    9.3 KB · Views: 113

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Download attached fixlist.txt on the same location as FRST (otherwise the fix won't work)

Open FRST, and click Fix. Attach me that report after it is finished.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    3 KB · Views: 288

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Do you see Tuvaro toolbar on your computer now? If yes please send me a Screenshots of it.

To Take Screen Of Your Screen.
  1. Press PRINT SCREEN (Print Scr) key on Your Keyboard.
  2. Now Open MS Paint
  3. Open Paint by clicking the Start button
    4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_47.png
    , clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, and then clicking Paint.
  4. In MS Paint Click Edit, and then click Paste.
  5. After this Save the File on your computer by Clicking on File --> Save
Add this Saved File in your next Replay

janet444

Thread author
Verified
Jan 24, 2014
Yup, still seeing that stubborn screen. I used snipping tool to make a screenshot. This first one is of IE:

upload_2014-1-24_16-59-37.png

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
STEP 1: Run a scan with Shortcut Cleaner
  1. Download Shortcut Cleaner from the below link.
    Shortcut Cleaner (This link will automatically download Security Check on your computer)
  2. Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  3. Double click on sc-cleaner.exe to run the tool.
  4. Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  5. Log file will open automatically when the scan completes.

janet444

Thread author
Verified
Jan 24, 2014
I'm getting a message the the page does not exist. There is a link to download something, but it appears to be an ad.

janet444

Thread author
Verified
Jan 24, 2014
never mind, it gave me a link that led to another download link for sc-cleaner.exe. It's straight from bleepingcomputer.com

janet444

Thread author
Verified
Jan 24, 2014
It doesn't look like it found any problems. Here is the file.

Attachments

• sc-cleaner.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 112

janet444

Thread author
Verified
Jan 24, 2014
I am realizing, through your blogs, that the problem has to do with the www-search.net. That blog entry mentions Junkware Removal Tool. Should I try downloading and running that?

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Go to the location c:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\ and open the file iexplore.exe. Check if it is loading Tuvaro this time...
Same way goto the location c:\Program Files\Mozila\ and open the file firefox.exe Check if it is loading Tuvaro in Firefox now...

janet444

Thread author
Verified
Jan 24, 2014
No, I did both and it is not loading Tuvaro in either program when I open them from those locations.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.