Assigned Can't install latest portable version of Zemana

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I was setting-up my sister's laptop after clean installing Win10 Creators update. I had installed 360 TSE on it and thought i should install a 2nd opinion scanner on it. So I Googled for zemana and downloaded the latest portable version on her laptop. On double clicking the installer, i got an error message from installer that it couldn't install (i don't know why it's installing a "portable version" anyway) because it might be blocked by HIPS/AV. So i disabled 360 TSE but nothing changed. Corrupted installer is also ruled out as i downloaded it again. Any idea guys?
Appreciate your help very much.

Reactions: AtlBo

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
You get something like this?
Fullscreen capture 5102017 90754 AM.bmp.jpg

brambedkar59

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Have you tried running as Admin?
Yes, nothing changes. Is it a bug? Or issue with my system only?
Also the windows 10 install is not a clean install per se. Her laptop is old & it's down arrow key wasn't working, (I ordered a new keyboard on Amazon) so couldn't boot from USB as it was on third position from top:p, so i ran the setup from windows. However, i selected the option to only keep personal files and no apps or settings.

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy and AtlBo

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Have you tried installing any other portables that use an installer? 360 TS has some kind of drive protection, but I don't think that would be the problem if you are trying to install from a secondary drive/flash drive. If from DLs I don't think that would be a problem either. 360 TS might throw an alert, but not an outright block...

brambedkar59

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Have you tried installing any other portables that use an installer? 360 TS has some kind of drive protection, but I don't think that would be the problem if you are trying to install from a secondary drive/flash drive. If from DLs I don't think that would be a problem either. 360 TS might throw an alert, but not an outright block...
I have installed other apps on it like SMPlayer & 7-zip, all worked fine, even Emsisoft emergency kit which i just downloaded is running fine. I even added Zemana file to trusted files on 360 and also tried completely exiting 360 TSE app (i am not running any other security app, defender is disabled by 360). IMO 360 is not fault here but I am out of ideas here:(

Reactions: AtlBo

brambedkar59

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
It's working now. Two reboots with one shutdown in-between has done the trick (i don't know why the first reboot didn't solved it). Errors on Windows 10 are getting weirder and weirder.:D
Anyway thanks for help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.