Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
As stated
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
As stated
I have all countries blocked for login purposes except my own (UK). However, LastPass is now saying I cannot login because logins from the US are blocked, but I am trying to login as usual from the UK, not the US (I am able to login via rescue email and then unblocking the US but obviously that isn't the point).

I am not using a VPN or proxy, and the only recent event I can think of is I have changed my internet service provider. Although I have raised a ticket with LastPass, from past experience I don't have much confidence of getting a solution from them, so any help, info etc would be appreciated.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I have all countries blocked for login purposes except my own (UK). However, LastPass is now saying I cannot login because logins from the US are blocked, but I am trying to login as usual from the UK, not the US (I am able to login via rescue email and then unblocking the US but obviously that isn't the point).

I am not using a VPN or proxy, and the only recent event I can think of is I have changed my internet service provider. Although I have raised a ticket with LastPass, from past experience I don't have much confidence of getting a solution from them, so any help, info etc would be appreciated.
Don't you have 2FA and phone number attached to Lastpass account? If so, login from other browser and use SMS passcode to allow access. By default, change in IP should notify you(via LP app or SMS) to access LP(lastpass) data.
Try changing the DNS from ISP's to Quad9 or cloudfare and see if it helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
I've had 2FA for a long time (grid) but no phone attached. Logging in isn't a problem with US unblocked., but as soon as I block it it's the same old problem - next time I try to login I'm told logins are not permitted from the US even though I'm in the UK.

I'm using Norton Connectsafe at router level but whether I'm using it or default DNS settings I can't login without allowing US access.

Reactions: Weebarra
Upvote 0

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I've had 2FA for a long time (grid) but no phone attached. Logging in isn't a problem with US unblocked., but as soon as I block it it's the same old problem - next time I try to login I'm told logins are not permitted from the US even though I'm in the UK.

I'm using Norton Connectsafe at router level but whether I'm using it or default DNS settings I can't login without allowing US access.
I opted for LP Authenticator on phone which is far easier to reach and use when you're away.
Maybe connect safe application is using US server and that might explain the issue. Try switching DNS at router level/side to google,opendns,quad9 or cloudfare.

Upvote 0

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
I've tried all of those and it still says I do not have permission to login from this location and I am only able to do so once US is allowed. Very unimpressed with LP. Never had this problem before when I've switched ISP.

I'm trying to think of any other recent changes since my last successful LastPass login with US blocked and installing OSArmor is about the only thing.

Upvote 0

I've tried all of those and it still says I do not have permission to login from this location and I am only able to do so once US is allowed. Very unimpressed with LP. Never had this problem before when I've switched ISP.

I'm trying to think of any other recent changes since my last successful LastPass login with US blocked and installing OSArmor is about the only thing.
There are much better password managers than LastPass and I recommend switching.

Dashlane
Bitwarden (Open Source)
Buttercup (Open Source)

Those are my 3 favorites. I used Dashlane for awhile as the GUI is so god damn good and then switched to Bitwarden as its open source and better privacy wise. Buttercup would be my second choice if I was not using Bitwarden.

Upvote 0

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Really appreciate all the help guys but just to clarify things, for now I'm only interested in getting LastPass to work as it should without having to allow US access, so no switching to another password manager, using a VPN etc etc.

Upvote 0

redsworn

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
Really appreciate all the help guys but just to clarify things, for now I'm only interested in getting LastPass to work as it should without having to allow US access, so no switching to another password manager, using a VPN etc etc.
Actually the VPN recommendation makes sense. It can help you narrowing down the source of the problem. If you can login without issue after using UK VPN then there could be something in your system screwing with your connection.

Have you tried login from other device? And did you face same problem?

Upvote 0

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
There are much better password managers than LastPass and I recommend switching.

Dashlane
Bitwarden (Open Source)
Buttercup (Open Source)

Those are my 3 favorites. I used Dashlane for awhile as the GUI is so god damn good and then switched to Bitwarden as its open source and better privacy wise. Buttercup would be my second choice if I was not using Bitwarden.
Bitwarden, how is it? Does it have same unlimited vault access like LP? And also unlimited account/site storage space?
LP is my choice until I can switch to Android since i use WP.

Reactions: 37507
Upvote 0

Bitwarden, how is it? Does it have same unlimited vault access like LP? And also unlimited account/site storage space?
LP is my choice until I can switch to Android since i use WP.
Bitwarden does indeed have unlimited vault access and unlimited space for logins, secure notes, credit cards, etc. Thats available for free and premium is only $10 compared to LastPass $24? with similiar features being locked behind the paywall. (2FA, Priority Customer Support, etc). I recommend making an account and just toying with it. Cheers.

Upvote 0

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Bitwarden does indeed have unlimited vault access and unlimited space for logins, secure notes, credit cards, etc. Thats available for free and premium is only INR 680 compared to LastPass INR 1,631? with similiar features being locked behind the paywall. (2FA, Priority Customer Support, etc). I recommend making an account and just toying with it. Cheers.
There's UI gap though. I am so used to LP. BW is very light and faster than LP.

Reactions: CyberTech and 37507
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.