Status
Not open for further replies.

NulFunction

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 2, 2018
Hi

I wanted to try it out, but it doesn't start. I tried elevating it and using compatibility settings.
I read that it is 32bit only. I have 64bit system. (Windows 10 Pro) But shouldn't it be downward compatible?

Thanks!

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Last edited:

NulFunction

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 2, 2018
How is this the same as Sysinternals Autoruns? I thought it does check for rootkits itself, mostly.

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
No you have to do it by myself way its just display full tree with all services and other files in your system.

If you wanna something automat, use casual scanner from antivirus or anti-malware where they also have engine/database to detect rootkit like Malwarebytes or Avira.

-bump-
At last you can use yet tool from ESET SysInspector which have build white list which is more friendly for begginer than NVT Anti-Rootkit or Autorun from sysinternals.

But dunno how good is this software i didn't use it.

Last edited:

NulFunction

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 2, 2018
Oh, ok. Then I don't really need this anyway. But I thought 32 bit programs can run under 64bit systems. Why doesn't this one?

I used SI autoruns before and checked my PC with malwarebyte rootkit after I couldn't launch NVTs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.