Advice Request Captcha is blocked in all browers

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kawrno

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 8, 2016
Hello! I am having quite a strange problem. Sometimes captcha is blocked in all browsers for several months. Interestingly enough, I used to have this problem on google.com. But now I am not having the problem on google, but on facebook.com. When the problem was on google, I decided to use other search engines, and bypassed the problem. But now I need to open an account on facebook. Here is the screenshot of the problem:

captcha line.JPG

Notice there are several straight lines. At first, when I click the link, there is only one straight line instead of the 'I am not a robot' box. Then if I let it be for few minutes, after every certain period a new line gets added; and stops at a total of six lines I guess. After two or three lines it shows something like - 'your browser is sending unusual traffic' and some other texts along with it. But before and after that, no text shows up.

Steps I have taken so far:
1) I have registered Kaspersky installed on my computer. When the problem first occurred I scanned whole computer with Kaspersky several times but found nothing. So from experience I have not scan this time, as I know it will only consume time without any result. However, Kaspersky is up-to-date.
2) Downloaded Malwarebytes and using free trial this morning. Scanned with it, and deleted all the PUPs it found.
3) The problem is seen in all browsers I have tried - Chrome, Firefox and Opera; and show similar result.
4) Cleaned with AdwCleaner. The report is attached.

Please advise.

Attachments

• AdwCleaner[C00].txt
    4.2 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:

kawrno

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 8, 2016
For example NoScript and others can create problems in some web pages and some of the contents do not work.

NoScript is not on my computer, and I have note installed any such application or extension on my computer knowingly, if some application did it on its own, I do not know about that. Is there any way I can check if such application or extension was automatically installed?

By the way, a moderator told above to post this thread in another specific forum, so I did: Captcha is blocked in all browers Maybe this thread will get deleted.

ChemicalB

Level 8
Verified
Sep 14, 2018
NoScript is not on my computer, and I have note installed any such application or extension on my computer knowingly, if some application did it on its own, I do not know about that. Is there any way I can check if such application or extension was automatically installed?

By the way, a moderator told above to post this thread in another specific forum, so I did: Captcha is blocked in all browers Maybe this thread will get deleted.
Yes I have seen the good advice of @harlan4096.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.