Cb Defender (by Carbon Black) - Drop You Traditional AV, and Go With Us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rodney74

Thread author
Cb Defense is a next-generation anti-virus solution for desktops, laptops, and servers that protects computers from the full spectrum of modern cyber attacks, delivering the best endpoint protection with the least amount of work.

Using a combination of endpoint and cloud-based technologies, Cb Defense stops more attacks than other NGAV products. Its deep analytic approach inspects files and identifies malicious behavior to block both malware and increasingly common malware-less attacks that exploit memory and scripting languages like PowerShell..

SEE THE VIDEO Bottom of their page. Cb Defense - Carbon Black

Last edited by a moderator:

RedTeam

Level 1
Verified
Oct 28, 2016
No you cannot try these Next Generation Anti Virus technologies. They don't give out trials often if at all.

Unless you are a medium to large enterprise they don't want to deal with you. They are really picky with customers.

I've been researching Next Generation AV technologies for months. There are so many companies offering this product.

I've tried my hardest to get single licenses to Carbon Black, Crowdstrike, SentinalOne, Tanium etc etc with zero luck.

The only Next Generation AV you can single licenses for is Cylance from re-sellers. I'm about to buy a license myself to test.

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Wow new generations of AVs. I watched the video , yeah you see all those details , but how they are different. I mean how they detect and block ?

Reactions: aragornnnn

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Wow new generations of AVs. I watched the video , yeah you see all those details , but how they are different. I mean how they detect and block ?
Basically they say their built-in technology allows them to block and identify zero-day malware without having the file on their database. Pretty much what heuristic on antimalwares do. All i see different is the explanation of every single task the piece of malware tried to (failing) do. I'm pretty sure there's more that the shown on this video. This is what Carbon Black's official website says:

See every threat
  • Gain visibility into blocked attacks to show what happened and what was impacted
  • Best-in-class behavioral analytics reduces false positives compared to ML-only solutions
  • Always have the answers you need
Close security gaps
  • Always have the answers you need and close security gaps that other solutions miss
  • Utilize collaborative threat intelligence to automatically stop attacks others have seen
Lightweight & easy
  • Fast to deploy and easy to maintain
  • No impact to end users or endpoint performance

Pretty much an antivirus/antimalware, same functions, but.. sophisticated?

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
All this next gen things are starting to get in my nerves. They do 0 testing with any organization, they allow 0 trial and yet they expect people to believe them. I wonder what deals and benefits they give to companies to adopt them because selecting them seems really blind.

R

Rodney74

Thread author
All this next gen things are starting to get in my nerves. They do 0 testing with any organization, they allow 0 trial and yet they expect people to believe them. I wonder what deals and benefits they give to companies to adopt them because selecting them seems really blind.

Well it must be working, their business is thriving, and people/businesses are buying the service...The product unfortunately is probably to big to be used on a single desktop, or tied into their servers so it would be unaccesable to single users.

Then on their end if they accepted the single desktop user, they would have to greatly increase their personal, hiring tons of people for service support...Dealing with large companies is probably a lot easier.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Drop You Traditional AV, and Go With Us.

Yes i dropped all , yours included :p

The only Next Generation AV you can single licenses for is Cylance from re-sellers. I'm about to buy a license myself to test.

If you like CIA, go for it :D personally i won't touch it even with a 20feet pole.

Exactly , all of them are just opportunists with lot of blabla because Next Gen is the growing trend at the moment.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I have a leg up on these next gen, and I have been following Carbon Black on Twitter about the same amount
of time I have been following SparkCognition, Carbon Black is about the same as Cylance, they are both greedy
and not worth the effort, I think Carbon Black is sponsored by the CIA like Cylance is, just a "heads up"
I am still using DeepArmor, they seem legit and the product is very accurate "so far"

Last edited:
Reactions: SHvFl

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014

Yes i dropped all , yours included :p
Lmao!

Anyway, like what others have said already, they first should show legitimate tests for their potential customers.
They should build reputation through legit 3rd party tests.

TimF

Mar 1, 2017
Your information is not accurate. You can test all you want with Carbon Black Defense and Cylance. You just have to ask. I just spent last week testing Carbon Black and testing Cylance now. We are a small organization, only 300 endpoints and we are getting quoted very good pricing. You should contact them and find out more for yourself. We run McAfee Endpoint Security right now and it misses way too much. So far Carbon Black seems better with detection and customization. Cylance detection seems just as fine, just that you cannot customize alerts or some change default actions on certain types of threats found.

Mr.NoName

Level 4
Verified
Feb 5, 2016
Your information is not accurate. You can test all you want with Carbon Black Defense and Cylance. You just have to ask. I just spent last week testing Carbon Black and testing Cylance now. We are a small organization, only 300 endpoints and we are getting quoted very good pricing. You should contact them and find out more for yourself. We run McAfee Endpoint Security right now and it misses way too much. So far Carbon Black seems better with detection and customization. Cylance detection seems just as fine, just that you cannot customize alerts or some change default actions on certain types of threats found.
Ok give us the download links ! Because we try to get some demos form them and nothing....

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
We don't all have 300 endpoint so this "next gen" av companies to care about us. Testing is not as easy as you make it sound for the average user or even small company.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
:rolleyes: yeah ok.

Reactions: SHvFl

TimF

Mar 1, 2017
It was stated above that they don't give out trials....That only if you are a medium or large company will they deal with you...that they do 0 testing... and that you cannot get a demo or try it out.... These statements are not accurate in my opinion. 300 endpoints is not medium or large. I have been able to test these products as much as I want.

These 2 specific products are not for "home" use. They are managed and report to cloud based controls. You cannot just download it and try it yourself. They setup a demo for you. You will get a login to a cloud based admin console just for your company or organization. You can install the client on plenty of test machines. I had CB on 7 test machines and 2 servers (I could have done up to 50). I just started testing CL today. I have virus samples that McAfee did not catch...and MalwareBytes did not catch. CB and CL caught them. (1 was a Donoff variant in a word doc. Both McAfee and MalwareBytes did not catch it, but the other 2 did).

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Because ITs in corporations suxx high when it comes to security, they are mostly alone to do all the work in the company, so they want something automated and since it is not their money , they choose those Ai crap that are supposed to do everything in their place a la "Skynet" lol

Thread author

People shouldn't post demo-only softs here. The marketing is completely different, home users will not qualify for the demo, and most of the vendors won't even sell it to a home user even if they had all the money needed to buy a license.

They test, but keep much of it private.

If you qualify for one of the sales teams to show up, then they will give you all kinds of marketing materials, studies, test results, demos,... they're a lot like pharmaceutical sales people.

In Enterprise there is self-managed (local), co-managed (local & remote), and managed (remote). Three levels of software management - each with different pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.