Advice Request CCAV Question

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Does CCAV disable Windows Defender in W10?
I tried it out.
It does disable Windows Defender.
The confusing part is what happens if you disable the AV component and use just the containment.
After a reboot, I got a Windows warning message that both WD and CCAV were turned off. But after a couple minutes, WD no longer gave warning signs, and as far as I could tell, WD was running.
In short, I am not sure what is happening. Maybe WD turns itself off for the first couple minutes, and when it finds out that the AV component of CCAV is disabled, it turns itself on. Or maybe it was on all the time, and the Windows warning message was false? Or maybe WD remains disabled?
Wish I knew.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.