Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Already available for download.
See here:
The new version is at the download servers but not officially announced yet.

Was crashing for me, but a clean install of CCleaner solved that problem.

This version cleans the chromium-based Edge:

Aantekening 2020-03-02 224756.png

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
@Gandalf_The_Grey thanks for the info, but . . . old an new Edge have a clear data on browser close option ;)

View attachment 234202
I know, but I want to keep certain cookies.

That option is on the roadmap:
StatusFeedbackOn this list for
PlannedProvide option to keep specific cookies when choosing to clear browsing data on close15 weeks

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Gandalf, do you trust CCleaner these days?

Can you explain further bjm_? Maybe my older copy does not have the feature... or maybe I never noticed it.

Thanks.
Trust no one ;)
But with internet access blocked in windows firewall, it is still the best en most userfriendly cleaner in my opinion.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I don't trust CCleaner but I'm with Gandalf_The_Grey & with it's internet access denied there isn't a lot it can do, as above use Slim build should be OK - Of course if you want to update it you have to look elsewhere as CCleaner can't tell you but updates are covered elsewhere - Despite all, CCleaner still the best basic cleaner if cleaners float your boat?

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I know, but I want to keep certain cookies.
Have you tried Cookie AutoDelete? It is easy to add/remove extensions per a webpage/domain.

capture_03032020_110115.jpg

I don't trust CCleaner but I'm with @Gandalf_The_Grey & with it's internet access denied there isn't a lot it can do
Advanced users, like yourselves can easily block it, but the rest is doomed, it sure desperately tries to connect.
It could still leak via a browser, especially when it is running realtime, since it is it's job to handle the browser.

Attachments

• capture_03032020_105219.jpg
    capture_03032020_105219.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 188

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Good point about browser leaks - As I disdain keeping any cookies New Edge is set to delete everything on exit - So I don't need to run cleaners often, Wise Disc X s good as anything, blocked of course. BleachBit good but a bit OTT & some here had issues but used it on Linux.

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Trust no one ;)
But with internet access blocked in windows firewall, it is still the best en most userfriendly cleaner in my opinion.
I do the same with portable version (y)
Wise Disk Cleaner is good but misses cleaning some browser data so CCleaner is still my main cleaner. That and I'm too used to it.

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Can you explain further bjm_? Maybe my older copy does not have the feature... or maybe I never noticed it.
CCleaner okay for me, long time. Just saying. Just me. Cheers

Last edited:
L

Local Host

Have you tried Cookie AutoDelete? It is easy to add/remove extensions per a webpage/domain.

View attachment 234243

Advanced users, like yourselves can easily block it, but the rest is doomed, it sure desperately tries to connect.
It could still leak via a browser, especially when it is running realtime, since it is it's job to handle the browser.
CCleaner doesn't touch the browser whasoever, it simply manages the browser folders.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
This browser may have been developed for cCleaner, whose communication has been cut off.🧐
Is this browser cookie subject to cCleaner processing?🥴:coffee:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
@ wilders:
Hi everyone, I am a product manager at CCleaner. The files were uploaded to the CDN yesterday in preparation for today's release and various sites who crawl our download links have picked this up and redistributed the files. The official release will take place around 2pm GMT.

The changelog is as follows:

This release includes our brand new PC ‘Health Check’ feature; a simpler way to look after your PC. On top of that, we now support Microsoft’s new Edge Chromium browser.

We really value our users’ feedback, which is why we’ve set up a new Ideas Board. To help shape the future of CCleaner and submit suggestions for what you’d like to see next, head over to ideas.ccleaner.com to take part in the conversation!

Introducing… ‘Health Check’
- Health Check brings together CCleaner’s most popular tools in a new user-friendly interface to help users to effortlessly maintain their PC
- In just a few clicks, users of any technical ability can clean away junk, update software and disable unnecessary startup apps in one go, to save space and boost speed, privacy and security
- Health Check replaces Easy Clean, following feedback from users on how it could be enhanced

Edge Chromium & browser cleaning improvements
- Added full support for Microsoft’s new Edge Chromium browser
- Fixed a bug in Google Earth cache cleaning
- If requested, CCleaner can now disable ‘Preloading’ in old Edge (allows complete cleaning)

User-friendly improvements to installer offers
- Offers for Avast and CCleaner products are now presented in a separate step in the installer
- Offers for Avast and CCleaner products are no longer checked by default

Farewell to Windows XP & Vista ( ; _ ; )
- Version 5.64.7577 is the final planned build for Windows XP and Vista
- This version will only receive critical security updates
- Read our help article for further information and assistance

Other minor improvements
- Fixed a UI bug in Scheduling interface
- Fixed a bug where ‘OK’ button missing from some dialogue messages
- Removed Google Plus from the ‘About’ screen

Happy to answer any questions you may have, although if it's a suggestion it's probably better to post it at ideas.ccleaner.com *
Many thanks,
Stephen

* ideas.ccleaner.com is hosted with nolt.io. To keep it manageable, relatively clean and avoid spam, participation requires email signup with nolt.io. You are of course free to use a secondary email account for this, should you wish to participate.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

View attachment 234243

Thanks, It looks like a good extension, but I don't want another extension in my browser.
If CCleaner is not running in real-time and internet access is blocked there should be no leak.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I do the same with portable version (y)
Wise Disk Cleaner is good but misses cleaning some browser data so CCleaner is still my main cleaner. That and I'm too used to it.
I use CCleaner Pro (installed and internet access blocked) and PrivaZer.
CCleaner cleans more browser data than Wise Disk Cleaner and Privacy Eraser, but PrivaZer finds even more data.
PrivaZer is the slowest of those 4, so I use CCleaner daily and PrivaZer weekly.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Why do I feel sad looking at what has become of CCleaner? Huge AD and Pro version offering sooo much more. Avast sure knows the marketing.

capture_03032020_191512.jpg

Not to mention the claims. 29% more RAM and 58% faster boot, but because of disabled startup items, not because of CCleaner. And lets not forget 34GB of free space recovered over the year, space that would be available anyway, because caches have a limited size and are rewritten. Yes, a regular cleanup helps a lot overall, but I recall Iobit products claiming to speed computer by 900%, it just feels so familiar. 😿

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.