Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
In preparation for Microsoft's upcoming launch of their NEW Edge Chromium browser (more info) we have been busy adding support for it in CCleaner. So we can start getting feedback as early as possible we have put our progress thus far into a Beta, which contains the following cleaning rules:
  • Internet Cache
  • Cookies
  • Internet History
  • Download History
NOTE: Currently CCleaner treats both the Canary and Dev versions of the browser as the same (more info on them here), meaning both will be cleaned at the same time. Feel free to let us know if this is going to be a problem.
Known Issue/s: (I will add to this list if more are discovered)
  1. CCleaner is not reporting anything for Download History during Analysis or Cleaning. It is however still cleaning this location if the rule is selected.
What's Next: We’re intent on adding more cleaning rules and improvements. Let us know which of the below you would like to see next!
  • Session
  • Compact Databases
  • Saved Passwords
  • Saved Forms
  • Last Download Location
  • Full support in other CC functions (Smart Cleaning, Easy Clean, Cookies to Keep etc)
Please comment in this topic if you find any additional bugs or issues.
Download:
https://www.ccleaner.com/go/get_beta
ccsetup561_beta.exe - CCleaner Beta - Slim Installer
MD5: 9d5b420e5b632560a3415af302dd02a0
SHA256: abcdeb3519950cef832e029ecbc0b5d3f569c49d0fcb4e1366f6408b6e957060

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Personally I'd rather use other software or even clean Edge Chromium up manually than use CCleaner. But thank you for the share. I bet they auto tick install Avast browser protection for Edge Chromium or some other stuff. It would be funny if they auto installed Chrome lol.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Personally I'd rather use other software or even clean Edge Chromium up manually than use CCleaner. But thank you for the share. I bet they auto tick install Avast browser protection for Edge Chromium or some other stuff. It would be funny if they auto installed Chrome lol.
I also have mixed feelings about CCleaner (using Pro) since Avast took over, but I still haven't found a suitable replacement.
Tried a lot of different programs, but every time I go back to CCleaner.
Sorry I'm addicted to CCleaner :eek:

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
I also have mixed feelings about CCleaner (using Pro) since Avast took over, but I still haven't found a suitable replacement.
i am also that man
although i lost some confidence in it since it was replaced with Trojan injected version in the past

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018

Like that drug-addled/psychologically-unbalanced woman who you just kept going back to again, and again and .... :LOL: You are all correct in that it is the best in the business, I must admit.

I use the browser itself. One day I'll have to install something to see what all the built-in features missed. ;):cautious: I wonder what other vendors are gearing up for the eventual roll-out?

L

Local Host

I just block CCleaner in the Firewall, in my opinion there's no suitable replacement, there's no other cleaning utility that comes with as many features.

For me less is more, I pass on bloating my desktop with software just to get the same feature set CCleaner gives with just one app.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I don't know is Ccleaner the best or not but I'm using it from 14-15 years...what perhaps means from the beginning...as the basic system cleaner. Perhaps I'm addicted also (?)...haha :)
+1.There are immovable programs for me
I just block CCleaner in the Firewall, in my opinion there's no suitable replacement, there's no other cleaning utility that comes with as many features.

For me less is more, I pass on bloating my desktop with software just to get the same feature set CCleaner gives with just one app.
+1. What happened already happened and those of Avast will have taken note

Last edited:

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Hi folks. Anyone knows when the next version of CCleaner for Windows that would support Edge Chromium, will be out? Thank you.
The last version released on v5.63.7540 (15 Oct 2019)

Official Edge Chromium, released on Jan 15. So whats wrong that the new version of CCleaner is not out yet?! :(

Thank you.

Reactions: show-Zi

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Hi folks. Anyone knows when the next version of CCleaner for Windows that would support Edge Chromium, will be out? Thank you.
The last version released on v5.63.7540 (15 Oct 2019)

Official Edge Chromium, released on Jan 15. So whats wrong that the new version of CCleaner is not out yet?! :(

Thank you.
According to the roadmap, it's in the next release:
It has been our priority and was due for release in time for the Windows rollout, unfortunately there have been some technical setbacks that have delayed the release quite a bit. It will be in the next release and we expect that to be toward the seconf half of next month.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.