Battle ccleaner vs jetclean

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I've never heard of JetClean, I'm giving it a test run. Turns out there is a paid version that unlocks Registry Defrag, Internet Booster and Auto-Clean, Auto-Update features,

I've managed to obtain a trial key for PRO so I can test all of its features fully.

20120511013700.png

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I personally preffer Tuneup Utilities. CCCleaner and Glary are my second pick. Recently there was a promo where you could get jetclean for free.
CCCleaner I think is safer.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
I agree with WinAndLinux on this one, unless it offers something that I really need JetClean (or any other cleaner) won't replace CCleaner on my PC.
I had a quick look at JetClean and my personal oppinion is that CCleaner cleans more temporary/junk files, especially if you consider the CCEnhancer tool provided by a third party. So I think it does this main job better. Although I am not a big fan of reg cleaning, CCleaner is considered safe. JetClean seems to be OK too and has the advantage of creating backups automatically (I wish CCleaner did this too). Both apps offer the ability to clean startup items but both pale in comparison to Autoruns. Both apps offer an unistaller and the one in JetClean is better organized, but there are other tools that can do this task better than both. I have no need for RAM Clean and Performance Booster but for some people these might come in handy.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
My choice will have to be CCleaner. Have always used it and works like a treat. Never heard of Jetclean till today. If it does the same thing as CCleaner what's the point of changing?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For being most used product and known for being safe I would choose CCleaner.

Well like other cleaning utilities application they will differ on the database but does same function to clean and speed up as possible.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
jamescv7 said:
For being most used product and known for being safe I would choose CCleaner.

Well like other cleaning utilities application they will differ on the database but does same function to clean and speed up as possible.

Totally agree, every other cleaner that free up more space than CCleaner misses with many user preferences, settings and causes some type of system corruption. CCleaner safely cleans up without causing any problems.

Check out some of the user reviews about JetClean on Cnet Download.com - http://download.cnet.com/JetClean/3000-18512_4-75627788.html

Many users claim it messed up their system.

That would be the main reason to stick with CCleaner.

Thanks.:D

D

Deleted member 178

I just used Wise Disk Cleaner, it can delete some useless files (like Windows' chinese/korean files/fonts)that CCleaner can't. It work well for the moment.

Rogue987

Level 3
Verified
Jan 7, 2015
I'd prefer to use CCleaner because it is more known and because it is known it is trusted by more users and has a really good reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.