Cdnsure.com

Infected operating system
Mac OS HighSierra
Infected device issues
Every site that I open shows one second the real site and tha switches to a blue page with nothing on it.
The URL switches to: http://www1.cdnsure.com/?tm=1&subid...Streaming&searchbox=0&domainname=0&backfill=0
Browsers affected by infection
  1. Firefox

Oldy

Thread author
Feb 28, 2023
My Firefox is infected with an annoying hyjack called Cdnsure.com.
Every webside that I open switches to Cdnsure.com (a blue page with nothing on it).
What is it? and why Can Malwarebytes not find it in my system?

Reactions: upnorth and Jack

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
My Firefox is infected with an annoying hyjack called Cdnsure.com.
Every webside that I open switches to Cdnsure.com (a blue page with nothing on it).
What is it? and why Can Malwarebytes not find it in my system?
Hello @Oldy,
Did you recently install any extensions or programs?

Let's reset Firefox and see if this redirect still happens.

To reset Firefox to its default settings, follow these steps:

1. Open Firefox on your computer.
  2. Click on the three horizontal lines in the upper-right corner of the window to open the menu.
  3. Click on "Help" in the menu.
  4. Select "Troubleshooting Information" from the Help menu.
  5. In the Troubleshooting Information window, click on the "Refresh Firefox" button in the upper-right corner.
A confirmation dialog box will appear asking if you want to refresh Firefox. Click on the "Refresh Firefox" button to proceed.

Firefox will now close, and all of your bookmarks, history, passwords, and other data will be saved to a new profile folder on your computer. When Firefox restarts, it will be in its default state, with all extensions and themes disabled.

Note: Resetting Firefox will not delete your bookmarks, history, passwords, or other personal data. However, any customizations you have made to Firefox, such as extensions, themes, or preferences, will be lost.

Oldy

Thread author
Feb 28, 2023
My problem is over! I deleted the Firefox application on my Mac. Only the application; NOT the files in the Library and the Systemlibrary.
After that installed a clean Firefox. Eureka! :). Tabs, that I have always open, came back; bookmarks also good.

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.