Today at CES, Samsung announced the Samsung Notebook 7 Spin (2018) and showed the Notebook 9 and Notebook 9 Pen – new devices powered by Windows 10 that provide you with the tools you need to remain productive in today’s digital world.
Let’s take a look:
Samsung Notebook 7 Spin (2018)
The Notebook 7 Spin (2018) arrives with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update to offer modern features that light up touch, inking, 3D, including a 360-degree touchscreen that enables digital drawing, writing and note taking with Windows Ink; an Active Pen (sold separately) for quick and easy note-taking; as well as the power and performance for more efficient multi-tasking.
Other features include:
- A 360-Degree Rotating Touchscreen – Provides the flexibility to view content as preferred, whether it be as a tablet or as a traditional PC in landscape mode
- Active Pen-enabled (sold separately)– Perfect for attending meetings, conference calls or lectures, the Active Pen lets you create a sketch or jot down notes on the fly with Windows Ink
- Secure Fingerprint Log-in – Through simple fingerprint scanning, you can quickly log-in with Windows Hello and keep files secure in your own Privacy Folder
- Power and Performance – Powered by Windows 10 and equipped with an Intel i5 processor and 256GB SSD drive that allows for quicker startups and advanced multi-tasking capabilities
- Voice Note – Advanced smart recording featuring an integrated far field microphone to capture every detail of important meetings or lectures, which can be stored and shared easily via Samsung Cloud
- Battery– Larger battery capacity to keep you connected throughout the day
- Studio Plus –Studio Plus allows you to produce personalized movies featuring your favorite photos and videos
Availability: The Samsung Notebook 7 Spin (2018) will be available in select countries starting in the first quarter of 2018 in the U.S.
Samsung Notebook 9 Pen
The Notebook 9 Pen brings a thoughtfully refined design to the 2-in-1 PC. Its full metal chassis with premium magnesium aluminum – lighter than aluminum – alloy called Metal12 provides durability while keeping it super light at 2.2 pounds. The 360-degree hinge allows you to convert to a tablet from a laptop with ease by rotating the keyboard behind the screen for convenience.
The Notebook 9 Pen provides ultimate convenience with a built-in, refined S Pen that gives you the freedom to doodle, write, sketch, paint and more with Windows Ink. The S Pen is battery free, built into the device and designed for immediate use. The S Pen can recognize 4,096 levels of pressure with a fine 0.7mm tip and convenient tilt detection to allow a more natural writing and drawing experience.
Samsung Notebook 9 (2018)
With three different versions offering a 13.3” to a 15” screen and enhanced graphics capabilities, the Notebook 9 (2018) weighs up to 2.84 pounds and measures 15.4mm. The bezel around the screen measures 6.2mm providing a more immersive experience. This means great portability without sacrificing screen size, as well as a stronger, more durable metal body featuring Metal12 which provides durability while keeping it super light. The new line-up lights up some of the best of Windows 10 — including your digital personal assistant Cortana*, Windows Hello for fast and secure login, Windows Ink for drawing in the Photos app or adding notes to your map, comprehensive protection with Windows Defender and more.
Other features include:
- Designed for mobility: Made from Metal12 complemented by Micro Arc Oxidation (MAO) technology, both devices are lighter than most metal laptops, yet durable with the advanced MAO treatment of oxide coating on the surface.
- Built-in security: Windows Hello is built-in with Windows 10 for secure authentication through the fingerprint sensor without having to type in a password, while the Notebook 9 Pen also features an IR front-facing camera for facial recognition login through Windows Hello.
- Stunning visuals: The RealView display brings a bright and accurate premium image, with lifelike colors and incredible brightness ideal for using the device both indoors and out.
- High-quality performance: Both devices also feature the latest 8thgeneration Intel Core i7 processor and Samsung Dual Channel Memory for speed without reduced performance or speed.
Availability: The Samsung Notebook 9 Pen and Notebook 9 is available in select countries starting in December 2017 in Korea, and in the first quarter of 2018 in the U.S.
Please visit this site to read more about the new Notebook 7 Spin (2018) that Samsung announced today, and head over here for more of our news out of CES!
*Cortana available in select markets.