Battle CF(cruelsister's settings) + Qihoo/KFA/KAV

minegroasprilla

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jun 21, 2014
Hi.
If I want to use CF (cruelsister's settings) with another antivirus, Which is the best choice: Qihoo or KasperskyFree or KasperkyAntivirus?.

Reactions: ZeroDay

Barakah

Level 3
Verified
Apr 13, 2018
Personally I would never run more than one Security product together. I would never sacrifice the performance for the sake of increased security. I believe you should go for CIS alongside a second-opinion scanner. Some guy here mentioned that CIS has improved their antimalware engine. I always prefer using a full suite from one vendor and won’t mix. This is just my opinion. More advanced users may give a better advice.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Personally I would never run more than one Security product together. I would never sacrifice the performance for the sake of increased security. I believe you should go for CIS alongside a second-opinion scanner. Some guy here mentioned that CIS has improved their antimalware engine. I always prefer using a full suite from one vendor and won’t mix. This is just my opinion. More advanced users may give a better advice.
if that's something you live by, i would look for a replacement for Bullguard.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
CF and KFA mix perfectly, Even CS recommends not using Comodo antivirus you may as well use WD than Comodo's AV it's a pos.

Barakah

Level 3
Verified
Apr 13, 2018
if that's something you live by, i would look for a replacement for Bullguard.
I know Bullguard is not doing well these days. It is installed on my work Laptop which Is not connected to the internet most of the time. No usb drives no browsing. If you’re wondering what job does not require Internet access. Translation. My main secuirity suite is Kaspersky and it is installed on my personal laptop and computer. Anyway what are your thoughts of Bullguard?

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
I know Bullguard is not doing well these days. It is installed on my work Laptop which Is not connected to the internet most of the time. No usb drives no browsing. If you’re wondering what job does not require Internet access. Translation. My main secuirity suite is Kaspersky and it is installed on my personal laptop and computer. Anyway what are your thoughts of Bullguard?
simple Bitdefender signatures, non-existent dynamic modules, good firewall.
the first two make it mediocre.

Barakah

Level 3
Verified
Apr 13, 2018
CF and KFA mix perfectly, Even CS recommends not using Comodo antivirus you may as well use WD than Comodo's AV it's a pos.

But I believe using more than one security suite would cause performance impact even in a good device. I believe you have a better experience and you might tried this combo and had no issues.

Barakah

Level 3
Verified
Apr 13, 2018
simple Bitdefender signatures, non-existent dynamic modules, good firewall.
the first two make it mediocre.
Bullguard used to be stronger but not anymore. The new firewall isn’t comparable to the old one (agnitum). BD signatures are good enough for a device that is rarely connected to the internet. I guess using Bullguard is better than not using an antivirus. To be honest, I would not trust Bullguard on my Personal laptop.

Reactions: amico81 and ZeroDay

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
But I believe using more than one security suite would cause performance impact even in a good device. I believe you have a better experience and you might tried this combo and had no issues.
Yes if both products do the same job i.e both are full AV's or both are full firewalls.

Reactions: Barakah

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
comodo doesn't care about signatures cause they know their sandbox and sandbox threat detection whatever its called will catch whatever malicious it has running inside it.
I know that's why I said no to CIS with it having the AV. If the user wants an AV as you're aware they're much better off installing CF with a solid AV.

Reactions: mekelek

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.